Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking sensor error!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like some other have reported the front parking sensor is overly sensitive. I experienced twice today that the front right sensor actually tried to STOP me. There was no object in front of my car!

Am not sure if it's related also experienced at the same time error message on dashboard "car needs service, unable to start the car". The message stayed for a few seconds then I was able to get going.

For the 2nd time in 25 days I also have to reboot the computer due to lost of 3G signal. After rebooting everything went dead quiet, it didn't weak up until I open the door. Anyone has seen this before?

FullSizeRender.jpg

The parking sensor is a known error and it will allegedly be fixed in a software update shortly. Hopefully they will fix the rather strange characteristic of turning off the front parking sensors when reversing, while they are at it.

Like some other have reported the front parking sensor is overly sensitive. I experienced twice today that the front right sensor actually tried to STOP me. There was no object in front of my car!

Am not sure if it's related also experienced at the same time error message on dashboard "car needs service, unable to start the car". The message stayed for a few seconds then I was able to get going.

For the 2nd time in 25 days I also have to reboot the computer due to lost of 3G signal. After rebooting everything went dead quiet, it didn't weak up until I open the door. Anyone has seen this before?

View attachment 67526
Can't comment on the parking sensors as decided not to get them but on the 3G signal I would suggest calling up Tesla if you loose signal again. We lost signal early after delivery during what was described as a service provider reset of the SIM card and went in to have the SIM card changed. Thereafter the signal would periodically go out. We took it back to Tesla to confirm the SIM card was (a) properly slotted and (b) there were no loose contacts in the SIM card housing. Since then we have had reasonably 3G signals though there are many 'black spots' around Hong Kong and this past weekend we actually lost signal frequently in Shatin area.

Can't comment on the parking sensors as decided not to get them but on the 3G signal I would suggest calling up Tesla if you loose signal again. We lost signal early after delivery during what was described as a service provider reset of the SIM card and went in to have the SIM card changed. Thereafter the signal would periodically go out. We took it back to Tesla to confirm the SIM card was (a) properly slotted and (b) there were no loose contacts in the SIM card housing. Since then we have had reasonably 3G signals though there are many 'black spots' around Hong Kong and this past weekend we actually lost signal frequently in Shatin area.

Talked to service already they said it shouldn't be an issue with carrier. My first experience of 3G signal lost was in Admiralty above ground parking, yesterday I was in Tai Po. They do acknowledge that service provider network isn't very reliable, perhaps due to cost effectiveness (i.e. cheap) I guess.

I'm more concerned about error message like "...car needs service, unable to start ...".

Regarding "not wake up until open the door", you could also try to press the parking brake (with weight in seat = you). If you hold down the power button of your PC/Mac, it will force a shutdown, but you will have to switch it on again yourself (open the door or press the brake).