Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking sensors. Please help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my 2023 Model Y before Thanksgiving and not having the parking sensors is a huge hindrance after driving my 2021 for the past couple years with them. When parking in a tight space they are super helpful. Yes I can park without them but this is a huge down grade! The cameras in low light don't come close to how handy the sensors work. Plus when you are used to using them it's kind of a pain going back to not having it. Like going back to texting by pushing a number 2 times for a letter! There isn't even a little chime when you are about to hit something. My beater 2014 truck at least has that! Disappointed.
That is another reason why I am on the fence picking up next week, those lack of sensors..Oh well. what are we going to do, accept delivery or just cancel the order and wait and hope that the price is not too high to purchase..

Reactions: Niroc and Mike7564
Unlikely the new car will have sensors. TBD when Tesla will replace the function in the software.
I just took delivery of my model Y and was not surprised about the lack of Summon and Enhanced Summon but I wanted to check out exactly what sensors are installed in my car. Tesla are going back to using radar, which they had forsaken. Unlikely I have the new Radar - how would I check? They are trying to overcome some FSD problems with higher resolution cameras. My Model Y declares it is equipped with all hardware necessary for Full Self Driving, but that is a meaningless declaration as what that takes has been a changing specification. Is there a way to check if I have some high resolution cameras. I'd guess I have no ultrasonic sensors as they were ditched awhile back - how would I check?

I just took delivery of my model Y and was not surprised about the lack of Summon and Enhanced Summon but I wanted to check out exactly what sensors are installed in my car. Tesla are going back to using radar, which they had forsaken. Unlikely I have the new Radar - how would I check? They are trying to overcome some FSD problems with higher resolution cameras. My Model Y declares it is equipped with all hardware necessary for Full Self Driving, but that is a meaningless declaration as what that takes has been a changing specification. Is there a way to check if I have some high resolution cameras. I'd guess I have no ultrasonic sensors as they were ditched awhile back - how would I check?
Your Model Y is unlikely to have radar.

You can physically check behind the front bumper fascia, and also you will see sticker under the frunk tub - Without Radar - see sample.

Screenshot_20230129_092225_YouTube.jpg
20221211_141026.jpg

This whole USS talk is driving me nuts. Before USS we all knew how to gauge and park our cars without the aid of tech. All my car, including the two that I currently have do not have USS and my wife and myself are still able to park our cars just fine. People please just use the camera's for the time being, at least those work just fine.

Sorry for bitching but this whole USS thing has been beaten to death just about enough. Pretty sure they will implement it soon.
Our garage only has a few inches to spare front and back so we relay on the parking sensors every time

Our garage only has a few inches to spare front and back so we relay on the parking sensors every time
simple solution, there are many like it. the mat stays in place, since the car tire is on it before getting to the stop. inexpensive. nothing dangling from ceilings.

simple solution, there are many like it. the mat stays in place, since the car tire is on it before getting to the stop. inexpensive. nothing dangling from ceilings.

I thought about one of these but I have a feeling i would trip on it😂. I might stick with the tennis ball until the vision update comes out

I read reports that that video could have been fake. They stated it was not on the latest version. I guess we have to wait and see what happens. It would be great if it was true but online does not mean it is..
Here is the link to the article.
Cristian Agatie has been writing for a long time and I have *NOT* read anything fake coming out of him.

A 2018? Wouldn't it have radar? Regardless, many of us have 2023 models with no USS and the latest software. This is the combination that matters.
Radar has been disabled in all model 3s and Ys, whether they have the radar module or not. Source = me and my own 2018 model 3 Performance that got the holiday upgrade, with a "tesla vision" message.