Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner here so maybe the software is different vs older posts I have seen...

I'm not hearing any parking sensor chimes. Verified the setting is on. Toggled it. Did the brake/steering wheel reset.

Anyone experiencing this with 2018.20.5?

The "top down" view of the car appears while in reverse and I can see the sensors working. Wish this also worked while maneuvering forward within sensor range of things.

Unrelated: my glovebox light is inoperable. Verified plug. Even swapped with RPM unit. No dice.

I'm not hearing any parking sensor chimes. Verified the setting is on. Toggled it. Did the brake/steering wheel reset.

The "top down" view of the car appears while in reverse and I can see the sensors working. Wish this also worked while maneuvering forward within sensor range of things.

Unrelated: my glovebox light is inoperable. Verified plug. Even swapped with RPM unit. No dice.

On the screen top left there should be a visible speaker. If you press that it may un-mute it. I am guessing it is muted.

Rest of the audio is totally fine. Perhaps related to white bumper repaint?

Unfortunately nearest SC is 2.5 hours away. Mobile Service is supposed to call me within 2 business days.

Have you tried a reset yet? Holding down both buttons until Tesla logo reappears? Also have you tried using the left scroll wheel up while it shows the sound icon?

Dear unrelated: :) Glovebox light is tied to circuit for TPMS and OBD II port. So, test either of those and it will tell you if the fuse is blown. Fuse is behind the kickpanel on the passenger side. I believe its Fuse F219 bottom/last one installed horizonally on the right hand column as you look at the panel. Fuse puller is mounted between left and right columns of fuses. Its a mini-fuse. 5 amp, I think. You can test if its fuse by bring trying to bring up TPMS on car diagnostics/health on right side of instrument dash cluster. If it appears, fuse is okay. If it won't come up, fuse is blown.

Dear unrelated: :) Glovebox light is tied to circuit for TPMS and OBD II port. So, test either of those and it will tell you if the fuse is blown. Fuse is behind the kickpanel on the passenger side. I believe its Fuse F219 bottom/last one installed horizonally on the right hand column as you look at the panel. Fuse puller is mounted between left and right columns of fuses. Its a mini-fuse. 5 amp, I think. You can test if its fuse by bring trying to bring up TPMS on car diagnostics/health on right side of instrument dash cluster. If it appears, fuse is okay. If it won't come up, fuse is blown.

There are no fuses in a Model 3. (At least so we have been told.)

Reactions: Pkmmte and PoitNarf
Have you tried a reset yet? Holding down both buttons until Tesla logo reappears? Also have you tried using the left scroll wheel up while it shows the sound icon?

Yes 3x on the reset.

I thought about the volume thing too. When I did this the music note icon came on screen indicating I was adjusting media volume. I went ahead and maxed it out with media stopped (just in case). No dice.

• Informative
Reactions: N8Howell33
I'm hoping this is just a bug in 2018.20.5.

There was a thread about this update but it hasn't garnered much discussion. Perhaps I'm an "early adopter" due to my car being delivered right around release?

Friend accepted delivery yesterday and his update was pending. We'll see if he has chimes today.

Hello !

I have actually exactly the same problem with my new tesla model 3 version 2019.5.25

Did you found what the problem was?

Thank you very much

Guillaume

One of my parking sensors was inoperable. Unfortunately there isn't a user-facing error/warning.

A friend and I debugged this by having him stand in front of each sensor one-by-one while I monitored the display.

Our findings were verified by a tech a couple weeks later.

Good luck!