TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Parking Sensors

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by mekberg, Jun 2, 2018.

1. mekberg

mekberg Member

New owner here so maybe the software is different vs older posts I have seen...

I'm not hearing any parking sensor chimes. Verified the setting is on. Toggled it. Did the brake/steering wheel reset.

Anyone experiencing this with 2018.20.5?

The "top down" view of the car appears while in reverse and I can see the sensors working. Wish this also worked while maneuvering forward within sensor range of things.

Unrelated: my glovebox light is inoperable. Verified plug. Even swapped with RPM unit. No dice.

2. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

On the screen top left there should be a visible speaker. If you press that it may un-mute it. I am guessing it is muted.

3. mekberg

mekberg Member

Tried toggling that too.

4. mekberg

mekberg Member

I made a video.

5. furizu

furizu Member

I would call service. Mine normally will beep anytime you see the lines indicating how far you are to the wall.

• Like x 1
  6. fseir

fseir Member

Is the rest of your audio working? Turn signals, autopilot chimes, etc?

Sounds like you tried all the right things. Time to take it to the SC, also to get the glove box light fixed.

• Like x 1
  7. mekberg

mekberg Member

Rest of the audio is totally fine. Perhaps related to white bumper repaint?

Unfortunately nearest SC is 2.5 hours away. Mobile Service is supposed to call me within 2 business days.

8. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

Have you tried a reset yet? Holding down both buttons until Tesla logo reappears? Also have you tried using the left scroll wheel up while it shows the sound icon?

9. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Dear unrelated: :) Glovebox light is tied to circuit for TPMS and OBD II port. So, test either of those and it will tell you if the fuse is blown. Fuse is behind the kickpanel on the passenger side. I believe its Fuse F219 bottom/last one installed horizonally on the right hand column as you look at the panel. Fuse puller is mounted between left and right columns of fuses. Its a mini-fuse. 5 amp, I think. You can test if its fuse by bring trying to bring up TPMS on car diagnostics/health on right side of instrument dash cluster. If it appears, fuse is okay. If it won't come up, fuse is blown.

• Disagree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  10. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

There are no fuses in a Model 3. (At least so we have been told.)

• Like x 2
  11. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

There's no OBD II port either.

• Like x 2
  12. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

ohhhhhhhh Modddeelllll 33333. Sorry,

• Funny x 2
  13. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

ohhhhhhhh Modddeelllll 33333. Sorry,

• Funny x 2
  14. mekberg

mekberg Member

Yes 3x on the reset.

I thought about the volume thing too. When I did this the music note icon came on screen indicating I was adjusting media volume. I went ahead and maxed it out with media stopped (just in case). No dice.

• Informative x 1
  15. mekberg

mekberg Member

I'm hoping this is just a bug in 2018.20.5.

There was a thread about this update but it hasn't garnered much discussion. Perhaps I'm an "early adopter" due to my car being delivered right around release?

Friend accepted delivery yesterday and his update was pending. We'll see if he has chimes today.

16. mekberg

mekberg Member

His work in 2018.20.5