Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger chair reclines when captain chair moves

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a 2020 model x 6 seater. When I go into the seats option and push the arrow to move the passenger side captain chair back, the passenger seat begins to recline. In this supposed to happen?before pushing the button the passenger chair was upright, but after it was pressed, it reclines like the photo shows. Thanks! image.jpgbuttonimage.jpgreclined chair

Hi, I have a 2020 model x 6 seater. When I go into the seats option and push the arrow to move the passenger side captain chair back, the passenger seat begins to recline. In this supposed to happen?before pushing the button the passenger chair was upright, but after it was pressed, it reclines like the photo shows. Thanks!View attachment 692529buttonView attachment 692531reclined chair
When you move the second row seats forward, the front seats un-recline and move forward. When you move the second row seats backward then the front seats return to their original position. If it was originally reclined when the rear seat was moved forward, then it will return to that recline.

Reactions: fr100
OK, just double checked. I have a 2017 7 seater. When I move the 2nd row seat up, the front seat moves forward, but does not change its recline angle. When I move it back, the front seat follows it as far as it was originally positioned.

But the recline angle is not affected.

Does the passenger seat move fwd/back as you move the rear seats? If not, perhaps they have the wiring harness wires going to the wrong terminal.

Hi, I have a 2020 model x 6 seater. When I go into the seats option and push the arrow to move the passenger side captain chair back, the passenger seat begins to recline. In this supposed to happen?before pushing the button the passenger chair was upright, but after it was pressed, it reclines like the photo shows. Thanks!View attachment 692529buttonView attachment 692531reclined chair
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue

Did you ever find a fix for this issue? My seats are doing the same thing.

I had similar issue from the day 1 - driver seat moves backwards when i move rear seat forward or back, i always have to click back on my profile to restore it. SC has always told me it’s software bug and I never had enough patience to insist on fixing it.