Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 6 seat "captain chair" range of movement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

Contemplating to upgrade from my Y to an X. There isn't a show room close enough for me to check out a 6 seater in person. My question is that when having someone in the second row and nothing in the third (third row fold or upright), how far can the second row move back and/or recline back? Will it be far enough for someone comfortably take a nap in it? So far YouTube videos were unhelpful. Also I'm reading conflicting report for the second row center console's existence.

FI4U6YrVUAI2UDG

Rent one on Turo if you can it’s a great way to test if car fits your needs

You might also try local used dealer listings
The seats are one piece and don’t fold backwards. The whole seat tilts back a little with the base. It’s comfy but I haven’t tried sleeping in it yet. I fall asleep easily in cars though. Your experience may very!

The lack of center armrests definitely doesn’t help

Upvote 2
Back in 6/17 we were able to add this. Makes sitting in center more comfortable. Don’t know why they don’t offer anymore
Ive been looking for a used rear center console for sale since I purchased my MX in Feb. Haven't seen any anywhere and I have google alerts and an eBay search going. Service told me if I was able to find the part, they would install it for around 30-60 min of labor cost.

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Upvote 0
Besides the arm rest and storage, I also like the drink
Holders. I can’t stand those pop out ones.
I have been considering this armrest mini fridge, but I’m not sure how to safely mount the base

BODEGA 12 Volt Refrigerator, 16 Quart (15L) Car Fridge, Portable Refrigerator (5℉-68℉), 12/24V DC for Outdoor, Vehicles, Camping, Travel https://a.co/d/gssXuHK

Reactions: GasNah
Upvote 0
I have been considering this armrest mini fridge, but I’m not sure how to safely mount the base

BODEGA 12 Volt Refrigerator, 16 Quart (15L) Car Fridge, Portable Refrigerator (5℉-68℉), 12/24V DC for Outdoor, Vehicles, Camping, Travel https://a.co/d/gssXuHK
FYI, this thread talks about options for a fridge in the 6 seater. I've used one for a few years and absolutely love it for trips. It is a good height as an armrest as well for a solo camper that occasionally spends a night in the back (I lay with my feet on the fridge).

Upvote 0
...when having someone in the second row and nothing in the third (third row fold or upright), how far can the second row move back and/or recline back?
It's more of a bucket recline vs just the seat back reclining.

Perhaps the best way to think of it is the angle of the seat back to the seat bottom does not change (unlike the bench seat in the 5 or 7 seater).
Will it be far enough for someone comfortably take a nap in it?
Yes/no?

But I do not think the bench option in the 5 or 7 reclines far enough to be comfortable to nap in either...however YMMV.

Unsure as to how serious you are about being able to nap but a product I'm seriously considering ordering is DreamCase's mattress thing for the X - but this will only work with a 5 or 7 seater.

Also I'm reading conflicting report for the second row center console's existence.
It use to be an option but has not been offered for a few years, if memory serves.

TSportline may have an aftermarket solution if this is a must have.

Upvote 1
Ive been looking for a used rear center console for sale since I purchased my MX in Feb. Haven't seen any anywhere and I have google alerts and an eBay search going. Service told me if I was able to find the part, they would install it for around 30-60 min of labor cost.
I was able to score a black and white center console but have not installed it yet, been debating on wether I prefer the open space or the look of the console

Upvote 0
I was able to score a black and white center console but have not installed it yet, been debating on wether I prefer the open space or the look of the console
Where did you end up finding one? I agree it's a hard decision since you loose the ability to slide between the seats. If the console was easily removable I would install one no question. IF I could actually find one that is lol

Upvote 0
Where did you end up finding one? I agree it's a hard decision since you loose the ability to slide between the seats. If the console was easily removable I would install one no question. IF I could actually find one that is lol
I got lucky and found it on offerup lol

Attachments

• A5349208-C68D-48C2-BC51-9A62403E9406.jpeg
    A5349208-C68D-48C2-BC51-9A62403E9406.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0