Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying for your car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have already gone through the process, how seamless is using the ACH function on the website to pay for the car? How far in advance did you do it? I am getting my car on Tuesday and wondering if I should just wait until that morning to initiate the transfer, or do it sooner.

What is everyone’s experience. I don’t want things held up at the time of delivery....

Per other threads, cashier's check only. They used to take personal checks, not anymore.

Saw someone say they did an electronic transfer @ their delivery appointment while the Tesla person watched, and that was apparently sufficient.

Per other threads, cashier's check only. They used to take personal checks, not anymore.

Saw someone say they did an electronic transfer @ their delivery appointment while the Tesla person watched, and that was apparently sufficient.
I bought the 3 with a personal check on Feb 3, 2018. At that time they were happy to accept my personal check. I've not heard about any policy change. When did it change?

I bought the 3 with a personal check on Feb 3, 2018. At that time they were happy to accept my personal check. I've not heard about any policy change. When did it change?
I doubt that he would know as he is only referencing other threads on the board where it was mentioned. I saw the thread myself, however, I could not tell you where it is at, nor the subject line. That said, I got the cashier's check because I prefer not to write checks that large off my account.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
ACH is what I did. It was only activated three days before my delivery, so there wasn't even enough time for the transaction to post, but Tesla didn't care. It'll be very obvious on your account screen once your rep has enabled payment. I specifically asked for it to be opened up, thinking they'd want the transaction to clear before handing over the car. Didn't matter though and things went off like a charm

• Informative
Reactions: UZJedi