Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment not complete!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my new MYLR Saturday. I wanted to pay in full at pickup. I did not have enough money in one account to do so and wanted to pay from two bank accounts. By the time I was picking up my car there was not enough time to transfer the funds and have them available. An associate at Tesla instructed me through the process of wiring from two accounts… this did not work and they ended up charging the full amount to one account which I knew did not have enough for the full transaction, essentially overdrafting my account by almost $10,000. I then immediately transferred the rest of the money into that account and prayed, knowing the funds wouldn’t be available before Tesla tried to pull it but, again, praying anyway.

Today I received this email from my bank (Sofi):

“TESLA MOTORS TESLA MOTO attempted to charge $10,000 to your SoFi checking account. We are unable to process this transaction and it has been returned due to R09 - Uncollected Funds.”

My understanding now is that I have a balance of $10k left on the car through Tesla. How can I pay this?? I have searched the app and customer service high and low. Im not seeing a balance anywhere. Thanks again!! Been on hold with costumer service phone line trying to talk to somebody for 45 min now….

Welcome to TMC.

This probably should have been in the model Y ordering subforum (I will ping a mod for this subforum and ask them to move it there).

As for your question, the "best" thing to do probably would have been to go back to the delivery center (where you picked up the car) and straighten it out there. It would be much better than trying to do it over the phone.

Note however that neither I nor anyone else at this website is affiliated with Tesla itself. I am just a random person online, who volunteers some of my time to help moderate this (very large) Tesla fan site.

I only mention it because you are a new member and may not be aware that this site is not "Tesla" itself.

Anyway, the delivery center is the best place to straighten that out. Hope you get it all worked out without too much stress.

Upvote 0
Welcome to TMC.

This probably should have been in the model Y ordering subforum (I will ping a mod for this subforum and ask them to move it there).

As for your question, the "best" thing to do probably would have been to go back to the delivery center (where you picked up the car) and straighten it out there. It would be much better than trying to do it over the phone.

Note however that neither I nor anyone else at this website is affiliated with Tesla itself. I am just a random person online, who volunteers some of my time to help moderate this (very large) Tesla fan site.

I only mention it because you are a new member and may not be aware that this site is not "Tesla" itself.

Anyway, the delivery center is the best place to straighten that out. Hope you get it all worked out without too much stress.
Unfortunately the delivery center is 3 hours away and I don’t have time to make the 6 hour round trip trek anytime soon. I got a hold of Tesla and they said nothing is reflecting on their end but once it does I should be notified. Hopefully this is the case. Thanks for moving the thread to the appropriate subforum.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Unfortunately the delivery center is 3 hours away and I don’t have time to make the 6 hour round trip trek anytime soon. I got a hold of Tesla and they said nothing is reflecting on their end but once it does I should be notified. Hopefully this is the case. Thanks for moving the thread to the appropriate subforum.

Yeah if its that far it doesnt make sense to drive back down there. I just know it would be the fastest way to solve the issue. My next suggestion would be to dont sit on it too long. Perhaps wait a week or so, and if Tesla doesnt try to take the money again, reach back out to them.

Upvote 0