Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peak Power Increase Model Y Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just noticing that the quicker variants of other crossover EVs are now closer or possibly quicker than the MYP. I wonder of Elon/Tesla will send an OTA update to increase the peak power of the MYP 5% (just like they did in the model 3) Im sure no one wants the EV6GT or others to be quicker..... Does any other model y performance owners want a small horsepower boost as well?

This is a GREAT idea, and something I've been thinking about more often as I see more and more electric cars test with very impressive 0-60 times! I certainly would pay to gain about a half second and get under 3 seconds for my 0-60. It's got to be something they could provide if enough people ask about it. In the meantime, the only way I can think of to gain quicker acceleration is installing lighter wheels on my MYP. Which I'm doing!

I was just noticing that the quicker variants of other crossover EVs are now closer or possibly quicker than the MYP. I wonder of Elon/Tesla will send an OTA update to increase the peak power of the MYP 5% (just like they did in the model 3) Im sure no one wants the EV6GT or others to be quicker..... Does any other model y performance owners want a small horsepower boost as well?
Yes yes yes yes please give us the power update! I have 32,400 miles on my 2021 Y Performance with the 21 Uber turbine wheels.

Reactions: CDrury
EV6 GT rated 0-60 is only .1 faster than the rated 0-60 of MYP. Will have to see if it lives up to those numbers and I am sure there will be drag races with a MYP also. Will be interesting to see.
How much faster is the EV6 GT? DRAGY results for my PMY
5Ei6neU.png

Just saying, doesn't seem to be a need to shave the 0-60 down much more just because Kia MIGHT do it a little quicker.
I'm guessing that probably won't happen as it will challenge the X and the 3 and possibly limits of the inverter and losing the built-in padding. That said others might get close, closer, or faster but none have been proven to not blow up. Hyundai/Kia still have serious battery issues that doesn't seem to get much media coverage. The MYP has been proven, for ex. by Edmunds test car which has been raced repeatedly since release w/o issue.