Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian noise maker doesn’t work after service visit.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought my P3D last month, the rear glass had a leak, water blew out the amplifier so speakers didn’t work. Waited a month for a service appointment. Finally get my car back, speakers work but not the pedestrian noise maker doesn’t work. Next service appointment is in a month. Is there a way to troubleshoot this? I tried resetting with both scroll wheels. Service is honestly driving me nuts

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I live in a suburb. The noisemaker is useful for safety when backing up from my driveway. You guys can laugh all you want, but it’s a good safety feature.
Back into driveway or garage?

I can’t believe it took a month to get an appointment for such an integral feature and frankly I would have been livid if it took more than a working week to get my car in for that.

They can have my car for as long as they need it so long as I have something comparable to drive for the time being.

I live in a suburb. The noisemaker is useful for safety when backing up from my driveway. You guys can laugh all you want, but it’s a good safety feature.

Eh. I live in the Jersey 'burbs too, and don't have or want one of those speakers. The kids flying by on their bikes are a bigger hazard than my car ever will be - I'm always checking as I back out of the driveway. Have good lines of sight both ways, so that certainly helps, but I don't want the pedestrian speaker any more than I want a backup-beeper.

Truth be told, our Enclave is only barely louder than the Model 3.... and it doesn't have a little speaker.

Plenty of other safety items for our elected officials to worry about .... this one seems like a gas car company lobbyist's dream to me.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
I heard the ufo noise the other day in my garage and thought Tesla somehow added the sound to my car via some sort of software update that I didn't know about. I was walking around my whole car trying to pinpoint where it was coming from but then I saw a neighbor pull in with a new Model 3. I was so relieved haha. Count it as a blessing.

• Funny
Reactions: Arpe and swaltner
Bought my P3D last month, the rear glass had a leak, water blew out the amplifier so speakers didn’t work. Waited a month for a service appointment. Finally get my car back, speakers work but not the pedestrian noise maker doesn’t work. Next service appointment is in a month. Is there a way to troubleshoot this? I tried resetting with both scroll wheels. Service is honestly driving me nuts

Careful, everyone will want to know which Service Center you go to and if they can name request your tech.

Reactions: MitchMitch