Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peeling black interior door trim/seal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

halfricanguy

Model 3 - LR RWD - MSM
Apr 18, 2018
NC, USA
7099402D-CD6F-4A57-A8FE-0D54CECAC0BE.jpeg A1F36522-F901-4AC7-8893-4F17D4C73D5E.jpeg
Has anyone seen this or experienced this? The black interior seal is peeling towards the corners on 3 out of my 4 doors. I just noticed them all today after picking my car up from service a few days ago so I’m not sure if it’s something they did or they just all happened to have happened at once.

I would love to fix this myself as I don’t want to harass the service center for something like this but at the same time it doesn’t look good and I have a feeling the whole seals might need to be replaced. I tried pushing the areas in but they bend back out.

Maybe I can use electrical tape to put it in place overnight and see if it gets back into its shape? I’m not too experienced with how versatile this rubber is.

I have this issue, and it's fairly common from what I've seen. I think there's just a little excess material, and I believe the service center will fix it by trimming and re-gluing it (from what I've read). I personally haven't brought it in for this issue yet, but I might bring it up if I ever find myself in there for another reason.