Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People pullout in front of you? (Dash cam)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, got got a silver MS and it seems like people pull out in front of us a LOT. We had a silver honda and they didn’t pull out this much. It surely can’t be a gray/silver car thing, dunno.... but one thing’s for sure we’re going to get a dash cam. It is pretty doggone hot here and I read somewhere that the blackvue 650 goes out of focus when hot. Can you spell out the perks of the backvue? I’m strongly considering a motorcycle DVR because it has two small cameras and a main module about the size of a deck of cards that could get tucked in the center console - out of the heat. Found a Bluesea DV188 over on amazon. I’m concerned it’s too cheap though. Looking for input from those in the know.

I was earlier versions of the Blackvue. I've had the 650, 750 and now the 900. Heat is not a factor.

But talking about colors. I've had more than 30 cars in my lifetime (so far). Only two have been red. I believe red is safer than any other color out there. I used to see people pulling out in front of me when I was in my blue, black, grey, silver, white, - well every other color but red. I have a theory. I believe that its because all the other colors can easily disappear in the background of the horizon when the driver looks up before pulling out. I believe that RED simply stands out to such a degree that they spot us coming clearly whether its faster or they are focused, I believe its because RED is bold against the background. I didn't experience this with any other color but until I drove RED.

I was earlier versions of the Blackvue. I've had the 650, 750 and now the 900. Heat is not a factor.

But talking about colors. I've had more than 30 cars in my lifetime (so far). Only two have been red. I believe red is safer than any other color out there. I used to see people pulling out in front of me when I was in my blue, black, grey, silver, white, - well every other color but red. I have a theory. I believe that its because all the other colors can easily disappear in the background of the horizon when the driver looks up before pulling out. I believe that RED simply stands out to such a degree that they spot us coming clearly whether its faster or they are focused, I believe its because RED is bold against the background. I didn't experience this with any other color but until I drove RED.

Three cheers for red!!

I had an idiot reverse out of his parking space without even looking, while I was at a complete stop waiting for the parking spot, and he barely bumped my car! After that I installed a the blkvue 4ch dashcam system - the idiot said I was driving too fast.