Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perf gets higher top speed, RWD more range, but no love for AWD???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Handouts? You mean like the $5k handout we gave to Tesla recently?

Yeah right. This happens all over in every sector of commerce, to include the automotive industry.

You agreed to the price, it's a business transaction. You agreed to pay it in full and made that decision that it was worth that amount. TESLA DOES NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING, only the car you decided to purchase at the AGREED upon price.

Suck it up butter cup.

People trying to get handouts already?

You agreed to a price and PAID it, in return you got a car. In the moment of purchase, you made a decision deeming it a fair price for this product.

Suck it up and enjoy your shiny new car.

I think you are missing the point. No one is disputing what we agreed to, fair price, etc. But how would you feel if, for example, you agreed to a fair price on a house, and then a week later, the builder dropped the price 5%? Is it fair? Sure. Would it upset people? Yes. That's the point. You don't need to agree that we should be upset, but your post seems to think we simply want a free lunch. Not so. We feel shortchanged, or at least I do. I'm not bitter, and I'm fully enjoying my car. In fact, I love it. But, as I posted previously, this WILL cause me hesitation in the future. And I suggested Tesla do something, not give us free handouts. What that something would be, I don't know. But good customer service at least attempts to make customers happy.

And FWIW price decreases by other automakers don’t happen as frequently or as close together as what Tesla has been doing with Model 3.

I’m guessing this lot of Model 3 buyers will have long memory and will be reluctant to buy or reserve a Model Y until they’ve worked out all the kinks and figure out what pricing plan they’re going with. I for one am in that camp.

I think you are missing the point. No one is disputing what we agreed to, fair price, etc. But how would you feel if, for example, you agreed to a fair price on a house, and then a week later, the builder dropped the price 5%? Is it fair? Sure. Would it upset people? Yes. That's the point. You don't need to agree that we should be upset, but your post seems to think we simply want a free lunch. Not so. We feel shortchanged, or at least I do. I'm not bitter, and I'm fully enjoying my car. In fact, I love it. But, as I posted previously, this WILL cause me hesitation in the future. And I suggested Tesla do something, not give us free handouts. What that something would be, I don't know. But good customer service at least attempts to make customers happy.

This is the same thing people did with the performance. I had the same thing happen, I could have waited a little bit and bought an AWD or a performance, but I configured and purchased immediately so I could get the car I waited 2 years for an enjoy it instead of waiting for some magical perfect storm and buy.

You can wait all you want to get the subjectively "right" price or the "best" price OR you could buy it and just enjoy your live with it like everyone else NOW.

And FWIW price decreases by other automakers don’t happen as frequently or as close together as what Tesla has been doing with Model 3.

I’m guessing this lot of Model 3 buyers will have long memory and will be reluctant to buy or reserve a Model Y until they’ve worked out all the kinks and figure out what pricing plan they’re going with. I for one am in that camp.

Exactly.

Reactions: Big City

I’m guessing this lot of Model 3 buyers will have long memory and will be reluctant to buy or reserve a Model Y until they’ve worked out all the kinks and figure out what pricing plan they’re going with. I for one am in that camp.[/QUOTE

Good, there will be many more interested to take your place. FWIW, dealers do this *sugar* all the time.

Yeah right. This happens all over in every sector of commerce, to include the automotive industry.

You agreed to the price, it's a business transaction. You agreed to pay it in full and made that decision that it was worth that amount. TESLA DOES NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING, only the car you decided to purchase at the AGREED upon price.

Suck it up butter cup.

Dude, take it easy. I'm more than happy with my car, best purchase ever. Not like I'm saying I didn't agree to the price. Didn't even say they owe me, only that it would be nice if early adopters got a little love - just like the early M3 Performance adopters did.

Don't need to add "Suck it up butter cup." Keep it civil please.

This is the same thing people did with the performance. I had the same thing happen, I could have waited a little bit and bought an AWD or a performance, but I configured and purchased immediately so I could get the car I waited 2 years for an enjoy it instead of waiting for some magical perfect storm and buy.

You can wait all you want to get the subjectively "right" price or the "best" price OR you could buy it and just enjoy your live with it like everyone else NOW.

I agree with what you are saying, but I think we disagree because of how much the price has dropped and how quickly. I bought last month and I've seen a substantial drop in price. A drop in price doesn't bother me, but how much and how quickly does. Again, not looking for a handout and not bitter. But I am disappointed. I'm not saying I would not buy again, but I will hesitate. I have purchased houses, cars, etc. and I totally understand price drops, price premiums for early adoption, etc. But this was more than I estimated. Maybe it's my fault, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable. Either way, we each get to choose what to buy and from whom. This will affect my decision in the future, although I'm certainly not saying it would prevent me from another Tesla purchase. And perhaps Tesla will make it right. I'm pretty reasonable and not looking for anything major.

Good, there will be many more interested to take your place. FWIW, dealers do this *sugar* all the time.
Yep... tons and tons of demand I’m sure... oh wait, I can pick up a Model 3 from inventory right now? Hmm... I can get a custom Model 3 in 2 weeks? Hmm...

The thing about early adopters is we influence others... a lot. I’ve already expressed my frustration to friends and family about Tesla’s customer service as well as their pricing schizophrenia. Pretty much everyone who I’ve spoken to has decided to take a wait and see approach...

Yep... tons and tons of demand I’m sure... oh wait, I can pick up a Model 3 from inventory right now? Hmm... I can get a custom Model 3 in 2 weeks? Hmm...

The thing about early adopters is we influence others... a lot. I’ve already expressed my frustration to friends and family about Tesla’s customer service as well as their pricing schizophrenia. Pretty much everyone who I’ve spoken to has decided to take a wait and see approach...
I also think the Model 3 demographic is a whole different ballgame than early Model S adopters. Those were the true brand loyalists. The 3 is for many the first entry to the brand and then they get to live through quarterly price drops. I'm not sore over the pricing but I can see where the drops could negatively impact the brand going forward.

Reactions: Big City
Just going off the updated Model 3 configuration where all the other configurations have new 0-60 times except the AWD...

All models are supposed to get 5% power increase so the 0-60 time of the AWD MUST increase. Perhaps Tesla is not showing this because it might make the P look slightly less earth shattering.

AWD is supposed to have around 300 horsepower if I remember correctly so there is going to be about a 15 horsepower bump. Probably good for marginally improved acceleration times.

So a couple of things about this . Yes it stings the price went down but what popular car ever is highly discounted the first year if it’s released ? Also car companies run promotions all the time example Chevy truck month . Finally if you had bought a Benz or a Honda you would all feel like you got a good deal but in reality you got screwed by a dealer . Most ppl are bad at negotiating price it’s a crooked game . I just wish I would have waited and got a performance but no biggie .