Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance 3 0-60 & dragy what are you getting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s fast...

I’m unclear on how DA affects performance in an EV. Less wind resistance? It can’t have any effect on power since the car doesn’t use air to generate HP & torque...
You're right. I was thinking less drag but in reality, 0-60mph times aren't going to really be affected by drag much at all, so it's probably negligible unless the circumstances are extreme.

You're right. I was thinking less drag but in reality, 0-60mph times aren't going to really be affected by drag much at all, so it's probably negligible unless the circumstances are extreme.

250Wh/mi (which is way above what is required to overcome drag below 60mph, since this is probably the drag at closer to 80mph), is 125 pounds of force. You can scale it down with the square of velocity, so yes, it is not very much drag below 60mph. You might notice the altitude affect the times a tiny bit though. Maybe an upper bound of 0.01 seconds (1/3 of 1%), unless I'm miscalculating somehow?

70% SOC with new winter tires

Attachments

• asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 188