Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While utilizing performance mode will a P90DL selected to mimic a 70 achieve the same watt per mile efficiency of a 70? I figure it might be close but there would be some losses due to the extra weight of the dual versus single motor configuration. Would there be any other differences?

I kind of doubt it because, I think, all that is doing is limiting the power. Which, I assume, you could do if you just drive conservatively.

Thus, changing that mode wouldn't change anything in terms of efficiency.

Not positive on it, but getting the dual motor shows increased efficiency with 75 vs 75D. I believe it also showed that when I ordered my 90D.

I think there's other factors at play, such as motor size. 90 vs 60/75 are the same motor, but I believe the P models have a larger rear motor.

I'm not sure the performance mode is really that accurate in simulating the lower power/battery cars. As an example, we test drove a P90DL and a 75D back to back. While we were in the P90DL we used performance mode to simulate the 70D . In real life the actual 75D was simply not as fast as the "simulated" 70D in the P90DL. It was enough of a difference that I noted it to the Tesla rep immediately. My takeaway was that it's just not that accurate a simulation...not that this really answers your question OP!

While utilizing performance mode will a P90DL selected to mimic a 70 achieve the same watt per mile efficiency of a 70? I figure it might be close but there would be some losses due to the extra weight of the dual versus single motor configuration. Would there be any other differences?

what are you talking about? what is "performance mode"?

if you put your P90D in Range Mode, it will shut off one of the electric motors to be more efficient. other than that i have no idea what you're getting at.