Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Plus - does it increase 0-60?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it worth it? I already thought that the regular P85 with 21" rims were kinda firm so I can imagine how this would. But probably better handling/steering?

I am looking at 2014 as the 2013 don't have the electric power folding mirrors. I don't think its worth the $3000 labor/materials to retrofit it. So waiting patiently for a 2014 to pop up. are there anything else in the 2014 worth nothing that the 2013 models did not have?

The + tightens handling, adds MUCH more expensive wheel/tire combo. I love mine, but the 21"ers are killing me. They look lovely, but tire life is flatly ridiculous.

But Early, I thought the + brought down 0-60 to 3.8 from 4.2, according to what I have read. I have not track tested. So I may be living in a fantasy. But honestly, in the real world, she is plenty fast enough regardless.

The + tightens handling, adds MUCH more expensive wheel/tire combo. I love mine, but the 21"ers are killing me. They look lovely, but tire life is flatly ridiculous.

But Early, I thought the + brought down 0-60 to 3.8 from 4.2, according to what I have read. I have not track tested. So I may be living in a fantasy. But honestly, in the real world, she is plenty fast enough regardless.

Nope--P85 and P85+ have the same 0-60.

The plus adds $10K for 21 rims and beefier suspension plus the "+" on the back. I thought about it, but the 21 rims killed the deal for me - for $1000 per hub I can buy same damn nice 19" rims and tires - in fact two complete sets...

Off the top of my head, between taking delivery of my P85+ in August, 2013, I think the following popped up before the + was replaced by the D:
+ power folding mirrors
+ winter package (heated wiper nozzles, wiper blade defrosting, heated rear seats, maybe heated steering wheel)
+ parking sensors (rear & front)
+ also, I think some of the later 2014 P85+s (Sep?) might have had the Autopilot sensor suite

Alan

Is it worth it? I already thought that the regular P85 with 21" rims were kinda firm so I can imagine how this would. But probably better handling/steering?

I am looking at 2014 as the 2013 don't have the electric power folding mirrors. I don't think its worth the $3000 labor/materials to retrofit it. So waiting patiently for a 2014 to pop up. are there anything else in the 2014 worth nothing that the 2013 models did not have?

I have a November 2013 P85 and was told by my SC tech that I have the same suspension that the + has. At the time I bought my car it was only $6500 to upgrade to a + and really that was for the staggered tires.

Ive gotten 3.8 out of mine with the right tires. I don't think the + makes a difference in the 0-60 but tires make a huge difference.

I have a November 2013 P85 and was told by my SC tech that I have the same suspension that the + has. At the time I bought my car it was only $6500 to upgrade to a + and really that was for the staggered tires.

Ive gotten 3.8 out of mine with the right tires. I don't think the + makes a difference in the 0-60 but tires make a huge difference.

What kind of tires did you get 3.8 with?

So a P85 with 21 rims vs a P85+ with 21 rims, can you tell the difference in handling and steering?

If you look in the Tesla parts catalog, P85 does not have the same part numbers on very many suspension parts. P85+ has different suspensions and air spring modules. And also links, brushings and sway bar for rear suspension.
The P85D have also all that different from the P85+, P85D also has stronger links and swaybar in the front.