Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. We should start complaining.

I have a scheduled delivery in 2 and half hours. My order is P3D-, have Premium Internet connectivity and Free Unlimited Supercharging. I have already ordered 20" Vossen after market wheels and tires and are ready to be installed. I would love the upgraded brakes, and suspension on the PUP.

1. Should I reject the delivery and wait for a new car with PUP to be built? What are the chances I will get by end of the year? I called my IDA and he said there is a very good chance I will get it by December, but cannot guarantee.
2. Will the Free Unlimited Supercharging remain? My initial order was 6/30.

I have a scheduled delivery in 2 and half hours. My order is P3D-, have Premium Internet connectivity and Free Unlimited Supercharging. I have already ordered 20" Vossen after market wheels and tires and are ready to be installed. I would love the upgraded brakes, and suspension on the PUP.

1. Should I reject the delivery and wait for a new car with PUP to be built? What are the chances I will get by end of the year? I called my IDA and he said there is a very good chance I will get it by December, but cannot guarantee.
Personally if it was me I'd wait and get the PUP version. That way there is little chance you get screwed. If you miss December the drop in rebate is still less than the 5K value difference.

Keep in mind too that while many folks here prefer the non PUP version the mass consumer market is likely going to suppress value rather than maintain it. Don't be surprised if non PUP P3D has a street value only a few thousand more than AWD. To me that makes it all the more reason to grab the PUP if you can. Then replace parts as you see fit.

Keep in mind too that while many folks here prefer the non PUP version the mass consumer market is likely going to suppress value rather than maintain it. Don't be surprised if non PUP P3D has a street value only a few thousand more than AWD. To me that makes it all the more reason to grab the PUP if you can. Then replace parts as you see fit.

I’ve been assuming the opposite might be true. Usually, in the used market, the higher you go up the option tree, the lower the payback.

If I was shopping for a used car, the 3.3 second 0-60 would be a deal breaker. If it didn’t have 20” wheels... shrug.

You won't get both things ( discount/PUP & supercharging ) but I would hold them to a discount or free PUP upgrade on delivery (as others have received the same offer) ... unless you want the supercharging.

I am in the same situation. but I spoke to 4 different people 2 on the delivery line and 2 in Devon who told me I will be assigned a new vin. I just checked my phone app and my old vin is there with my old car as My Delivery appointment was 30 minutes ago. I was told to ignore the fact that my vin never changed yet but now i'm concerned as the p3d- is now showing up on my phone..

I am in the same situation. but I spoke to 4 different people 2 on the delivery line and 2 in Devon who told me I will be assigned a new vin. I just checked my phone app and my old vin is there with my old car as My Delivery appointment was 30 minutes ago. I was told to ignore the fact that my vin never changed yet but now i'm concerned as the p3d- is now showing up on my phone..

to update my own situation. the Manager at Devon called me and wanted to confirm I wanted the p3d+ now and not the p3d-. he did say it could take about a month to get me a new one. I said that is fine. My Tesla account is now updated and I lost access to my old car from my phone. only small issue I see now is that I am being charged 2500 and not 1500 for paint. I'll see if i can get that corrected. the funny thing is while I was on the phone with the manager, someone else was calling me asking me where I was as I was late for my appointment :)

only small issue I see now is that I am being charged 2500 and not 1500 for paint. I'll see if i can get that corrected. the funny thing is while I was on the phone with the manager, someone else was calling me asking me where I was as I was late for my appointment :)

I wouldn't really be surprised if you have to pay new paint price in order to get new PUP price. But who knows - not even Tesla! ;)

Reactions: MP3Mike
You won't get both things ( discount/PUP & supercharging ) but I would hold them to a discount or free PUP upgrade on delivery (as others have received the same offer) ... unless you want the supercharging.

I just went to the delivery center (just 10 mins from where I live) and rejected the delivery. I was told I will still have the Free Supercharging and PUP, now just crossing fingers that I get the car delivered by December.

I just went to the delivery center (just 10 mins from where I live) and rejected the delivery. I was told I will still have the Free Supercharging and PUP, now just crossing fingers that I get the car delivered by December.

did your color of paint price go up since you originally ordered? if so let me know if it also goes up or reflects the original cost when ordered.

Just out of curiosity, I know Elon said they would either offer $5K back or FUSC to those that purchased the PUP. I think this is incredibly generous and it certainly did not have to be the case. But I am glad he said that it would be and I’ll keep my hopes up.

What do we think the chances are that they will add a third option for EAP if you don’t have it since it is a pre-delivery option of $5K? Or will they just stick to $5K or FUSC? As long as this offer remains true.

Just out of curiosity, I know Elon said they would either offer $5K back or FUSC to those that purchased the PUP. I think this is incredibly generous and it certainly did not have to be the case. But I am glad he said that it would be and I’ll keep my hopes up.

What do we think the chances are that they will add a third option for EAP if you don’t have it since it is a pre-delivery option of $5K? Or will they just stick to $5K or FUSC? As long as this offer remains true.

It would definitely be a win/win option. Least cost to Tesla and worth more than $5k for those who want it.

Reactions: CullinKin
It would definitely be a win/win option. Least cost to Tesla and worth more than $5k for those who want it.

As long as it's an additional option that seems fine to me. If it is the only option I won't be a happy camper. I didn't want EAP when I ordered and I continue to have zero interest in it going forward.

Yeah I agree. In terms of optimism, I’m hoping they roll out the option to receive $5K back, FUSC, or EAP. Owners choice. Here’s to dreaming.