Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some people are really winning apparently.

54380CA7-2DBE-462A-A5E0-59BF552E7882.jpeg

Ok just to stir the pot further...

My latest correspondence with Tesla CS:

"Good morning,

The information I have is that the Tweet Offer is for performance models and is not tied to the PUP...

Elon has tweeted about the lifetime Supercharging or receiving the Model 3 Performance refund of $5,000. If a customer is eligible for the refund, they have the option to choose a $5,000 refund and forfeit their Free, Unlimited Supercharging. This refund will remove any and all Free, Unlimited Supercharging, regardless of how it was obtained. This is because new owners are not able to take advantage of the new pricing and Free, Unlimited Supercharging.

I hope that helps.

Regards,"

I then asked what my next steps should be:

"You don't need to do anything, over the next several weeks you may also receive emails to [email protected] from Field Teams regarding this refund.

Have a great afternoon!"

I am going to move on for now, and stop bugging them. I won't ever come close to using $5,000 in supercharging, but there is something about it being free & unlimited that is o-so-tempting. If it were transferrable in the event of an accident, I would consider keeping it, but I really can't justify forfeiting $5k now.
Is there any reason to believe this is the real official policy now? (This is again one person's interpretation: "the information I have is...")
So "over the next several weeks" some field teams "may" tell us.... something. :rolleyes:
Besides, I already had FUSC - as a condition of purchase! - so this interpretation of a "solution" still bugs me.

Reactions: Perry
Well today my front undercarriage cover got detached, caught the under air flow, got pushed into the street, and the street ground some of it down to shreds. My drag coefficient just blew up. Wonder how long I've had this since have been noticing very poor millage (45% of rating) lately. These M3 are so poorly put together they are falling apart. Back to the SC for a third time. I only have two more weeks and I can file for lemon law here in CA.

Well today my front undercarriage cover got detached, caught the under air flow, got pushed into the street, and the street ground some of it down to shreds. My drag coefficient just blew up. Wonder how long I've had this since have been noticing very poor millage (45% of rating) lately. These M3 are so poorly put together they are falling apart. Back to the SC for a third time. I only have two more weeks and I can file for lemon law here in CA.
Damn! What's your VIN range ? Maybe we all need to check our plastic covers...
So far I've only ejected my empty rear license plate frame on the street (while passing a semi), because the license plate grommets suck.
A mobile service guy is coming by soon. I'll have him mount my just-arrived plates for me. (hopefully with some better grommets?)

Last edited:
I think many people would. IMO Tesla is missing an opportunity to save some cash.

For the D- guys, their situation is a little different than PUP buyers. Yes, it's hard to get refunded for something you didn't buy, but some type of good will concession shouldn't be out of the question. Offer them half price EAP or a set of 20" wheels maybe.

I fail to see how the situation is different. After P+ get refunded they didn't pay for the PUP either.

Reactions: Perry
I "re-placed" mine. :eek: The Model 3 "snout" just looked too empty to me...

Feel free to bomb me with all the "dislikes" you want. :D

View attachment 356004

Different strokes for different folks but why would you do something that you know in advance that would elicit a negative response?

All of the work I do on my car is for me and no one else. However I am sensitive that I will be judged regardless on my taste or lack there of.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Damn! What's your VIN range ? Maybe we all need to check our plastic covers...
So far I've only ejected my empty rear license plate frame on the street (while passing a semi), because the license plate grommets suck.
A mobile service guy is coming by soon. I'll have him mount my just-arrived plates for me. (hopefully with some better grommets?)
My VIN is 99xxx

• Helpful
Reactions: Roys3
Different strokes for different folks but why would you do something that you know in advance that would elicit a negative response?

All of the work I do on my car is for me and no one else. However I am sensitive that I will be judged regardless on my taste or lack there of.
Just for fun. I enjoy seeing other people's mods too. I don't have my ego bound up with it
I expect some will find it a bit sacrilegious - and I understand. Don't hate me too much. :)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I missed the price change by 2 days.....

You think you feel bad. I was rushed into picking up my car (P3D-) the day before the price decrease. Sure seems like a conspiracy to me. Tried calling the DM on Saturday and again on Sunday to try and work out a deal or return my car under the 3 day return policy. Nothing but crickets. Elon's tweet made it seem like I would be made whole.

Now I feel like we P3D- owners are getting the short end of the stick. This is NOT how to run a startup.

The company I work for treats the customer like King, and their motto is to be "ethical and transparent". These words don't exist with Tesla. They should know better.

You think you feel bad. I was rushed into picking up my car (P3D-) the day before the price decrease. Sure seems like a conspiracy to me. Tried calling the DM on Saturday and again on Sunday to try and work out a deal or return my car under the 3 day return policy. Nothing but crickets. Elon's tweet made it seem like I would be made whole.

Now I feel like we P3D- owners are getting the short end of the stick. This is NOT how to run a startup.

The company I work for treats the customer like King, and their motto is to be "ethical and transparent". These words don't exist with Tesla. They should know better.
If I were you I'd think the worst too! Totally justified.
Still, I believe it's more chaos than conspiracy, maybe some elements of both.

"The Customer is King" - I haven't heard that for a long time.
Today it's "The customer is the cow - to be milked!"
Speaking of which - Tesla is milking lots and lots of our data. - But there's probably another thread going about that...

I called my owner advisor and she said that the manager wouldn't let her process adjust it. So, I just went with Elons tweet. In hindsight, I should gave just returned the car.

Reactions: Roys3