Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on the bright side, they
Very bewildering the spectrum of delivery experiences... I was hoping these fit and finish issues were a thing of the past.
i'd feel worse if mine was the only one like that. but the (few) other car i peeked at, has some similar issues. mine wasnt a reject - it came with 5km on the odometer and freshly brought in.

the consolation is that the glass roof was very well aligned. and thats difficult to later correct due to gluing and general cumbersomeness.

they also provided a small splashguard, but funny enough only for the front wheelwells

Just chatted with someone from Tesla. They are saying they are expecting delivery next week for all of California. We will see.
Probably because half of us will be out of town and unable to take delivery. I texted with my SA earlier who acted as though we'd never discussed my travel plans for the holidays. I leave on 12/24 because I was all but assured that I would have delivery before then. And now, it is sounding like the prognosis is I'm going to miss my delivery day (if I ever get one) and I'll be bumped out to February or March! His words. Not my hyperbole. Really kind of stinks. But cancelling thousands of dollars of family holiday travel...also sucks.

Reactions: Techlead13
Probably because half of us will be out of town and unable to take delivery. I texted with my SA earlier who acted as though we'd never discussed my travel plans for the holidays. I leave on 12/24 because I was all but assured that I would have delivery before then. And now, it is sounding like the prognosis is I'm going to miss my delivery day (if I ever get one) and I'll be bumped out to February or March! His words. Not my hyperbole. Really kind of stinks. But cancelling thousands of dollars of family holiday travel...also sucks.
Yeah that is a terrible choice to make. Tesla really needs to get their act together when it comes to production and delivery.

Reactions: GuppyDriver
Good news, bad news...

The good news is that I took delivery today. The bad news is that there were issues with just about every panel on the car, except for the driver-side A-pillar and the roof: paint chips, paint blemishes, rear bumper damage, etc. In addition, there were gap issues with both the frunk and the trunk. The rep, who was very good, thought that much of the damage occurred during transport.

The whole process ended up taking about two hours; and I need to return the car in early January so they can address the issues.

On the plus side, the issues appear to all be cosmetic in nature...no functional issues thus far. In addition, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride home

• Informative
Reactions: sslack18 and Type 5
Yeah that is a terrible choice to make. Tesla really needs to get their act together when it comes to production and delivery.

Not that I disagree but right now demand is way outstripping supply.

There’s a high chance that a given individual is going to be stuck but they are likely delivering well over a thousand cars everyday.

And everyone wants it before the end of the year.

Not that I disagree but right now demand is way outstripping supply.

There’s a high chance that a given individual is going to be stuck but they are likely delivering well over a thousand cars everyday.

And everyone wants it before the end of the year.
Of course I want my car before the end of the year. I only ordered it 11 weeks ago. The point is people who way ordered after me are getting their cars before me. Dealers are seeing inventory before I have even gotten a VIN. Whatever mad mixologist they are using to plan logistics must be using a dart board as part of his decision making process.

Of course I want my car before the end of the year. I only ordered it 11 weeks ago. The point is people who way ordered after me are getting their cars before me. Dealers are seeing inventory before I have even gotten a VIN. Whatever mad mixologist they are using to plan logistics must be using a dart board as part of his decision making process.

You may have covered this but have you looked at inventory models all over the state?

Have you walked into a sales center to speak to someone face to face?

Good luck and I hope something happens for you. 11 weeks is a long time, Tesla said even on 12/14 California orders would make it.

Reactions: Kristina
You may have covered this but have you looked at inventory models all over the state?

Have you walked into a sales center to speak to someone face to face?

Good luck and I hope something happens for you. 11 weeks is a long time, Tesla said even on 12/14 California orders would make it.
In my case I haven’t seen my particular build in inventory close by, and for me dropping into a sales center is not very easy as they are about 2 hours away. I don’t want to paint the picture that I am walking away from my order or anything and I am actually in a much better spot than a lot of people as I have another vehicle and am not in a bind with transportation. I am content to wait, but my reflection on the subject is that Tesla needs to do better if they expect to remain on top of EV sales once the market opens up.

So I caved...SA contacted me today with a midnight silver performance that had a no show for delivery, only difference being it had a black interior not white. I'm leaving the country to visit family for christmas and really can't justify the risk of missing that time waiting for a white interior. I was 50/50 on the interior anyways so should be fine, and at least it's $1000 less :)

So! I will take delivery in Burbank tomorrow morning as long as everything goes to plan....

So I caved...SA contacted me today with a midnight silver performance that had a no show for delivery, only difference being it had a black interior not white. I'm leaving the country to visit family for christmas and really can't justify the risk of missing that time waiting for a white interior. I was 50/50 on the interior anyways so should be fine, and at least it's $1000 less :)

So! I will take delivery in Burbank tomorrow morning as long as everything goes to plan....

Wow Tesla not putting up with any BS.

NEXT!

Wow. Really feel for all of you who have been waiting weeks and months for delivery. I hope you can all take delivery by the end of the year to take advantage of the tax credit.

I feel a little guilty. I put a deposit on an inventory Model 3 Performance late Sunday night (12/15/2019) and they offered me a delivery as soon as Wednesday, 12/18/2019. I ended up taking delivery @ 5:30 pm on 12/19/2019.

It’s very busy at the delivery center in Scottsdale, a bit disorganized, and took about 45 minutes.

It was already dark by the time I got to the car and they had me take delivery in the parking lot, which I thought was inappropriate. I had to use my iPhone flashlight to inspect the car, but found 4 areas of paint damage - some odd hazing in the front bumper, a scratch, and two paint chips. Also, the two wheel covers on the driver’s side were missing, but both in the passenger side were there. They put it all on a due bill and said it’d all be taken care of. Then on the way home, I noticed a loud rattle coming from somewhere under the dash near the front passenger door.

As others have suggested, inspect your car thoroughly before accepting delivery.

Tesla is rushing these deliveries and the SC’s are way too busy. If you find something wrong, make sure you point it out and don’t be shy about refusing delivery. This is a big purchase.

By contrast, when I bought my original Roadster in 2013 (as a CPO), I test drove it in an airplane runway because the SC at the time was in an airplane hangar. When I bought my Signature Model S (also as a CPO) in 8/2017 the SC let me bring my Roadster and my other Model S into the delivery bay to take some photos. They also had a personalized sign welcoming my wife and me back to the Tesla family.

Things are so different now! But it’s a sign of Tesla’s growth (and growing pains).

Hope you all have and enjoy your cars soon! The M3P is a little rocket. Quicker than my original Roadster. Felt like I was at 70 mph in a blink of an eye.

Ordered 10/14 no fsd white/white to fremont factory. Sales rep said delivery would be 12/31 lol. I changed delivery location to costa mesa because I would be down south for the holidays and got my vin in source today.

Update to my other post, got a text to schedule delivery this morning for this weekend. Only problem is theres still no vin on my account only in the source code and I still do not have a MVPA to give to my credit union and its Friday....

Update to my other post, got a text to schedule delivery this morning for this weekend. Only problem is theres still no vin on my account only in the source code and I still do not have a MVPA to give to my credit union and its Friday....

YMMV, but could be worth it to try Tesla's financing. Actually got a better rate than my CU and it may save you some time/headache.