Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The performance sleepers are supposed to go up to 162 mph max speed. Now you've got me curious as I've not taken mine to an airstrip or dragstrip to do serious testing.

I thought this too but I was told that the 162 top speed is part of the performance upgrade package and thus the stealths only hit 145. No unlock available, despite videos online showing a spoiler is needed for the upgrade, from what I was told. Not a big deal tho, unless you’re on a really long straight track

Edit: I’ve also asked this question on reddit and several have tested it and repeatedly only hit 144 mph. Maybe they’ll offer 162 unlock in the future?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Punjabi510
Still no VIN...question now is if I should change my flight to a later date, and if so, when? Missing Christmas with my family seems silly but I will lose almost $3k if I wait and miss out on the federal rebate and FSD at $1000 less when I ordered.

I was told from the SA that once a VIN is assigned you have about 3 days to grab the car. So I’m not really expecting my VIN for like another week, I wouldn’t fret too much.

I thought this too but I was told that the 162 top speed is part of the performance upgrade package and thus the stealths only hit 145. No unlock available, despite videos online showing a spoiler is needed for the upgrade, from what I was told. Not a big deal tho, unless you’re on a really long straight track

Edit: I’ve also asked this question on reddit and several have tested it and repeatedly only hit 144 mph. Maybe they’ll offer 162 unlock in the future?

Maybe Telsa will offer the speed unlock for $1k ota update ;)

i have some bad news to report. my car series 58xxxxx is far from flawless - usual suspect of paint irregularities, blemishes, alignment issues, etc are there. same with the neighboring cars in the delivery bay.

i really needed the car, so i took delivery anyway. the damages were officially noted and photographed on employees delivery app. ill take it in for repair some time in the future.

long story:
waiting room was nonstop cycle of people for pickup. my window was scheduled for 10min, but i ended up doing inspection for 1 hour. time flew by. the delivery person was very kind and patient, so i only felt pressure vs everybody else, and that it was getting dark and closing time.

* software is 2019.31.103, not yet showing updates
* confirm dead pedal = carpeted :( empty slot for frunk hooks. no frunk mat. very very cheap move :(
* came with oem wall charger and 3rd party type 2 cable
* car only charged to 60mi. i asked for juice during inspection, enough to get me home.

* front bumper has some minor blemishes. these are equivalent to what i would pick up on the road, anyway, so these i forgave.
* delivery person picked up significant paint bump on A pillar. almost like a booger that was painted over.
* dark scratch on door edge. very clearly it "doored" into another car or object
* various other minor paint blobs elsewhere
* 1 side sensor pod was not flush
* C pillar not aligned side to side
* front lamp gap not even side to side
* hood gap not consistent (planar wise)
* minor chrome trim alignment issue (worse on other cars)
* small dark orange flecks of paint on hood, and smaller more faint yellow blobs under the paint.

so most of those alignment things i consider minor, but the (1) colored paint thing on the hood (2) large paint bump on A pillar and (3) door edge blemish , is pretty disappointing. and dare i say, wouldnt be delivered by bmw or mbz in that condition. and im a little peeved about the frunk hook and mat and dead pedal thing.

but a new car is always cause for some joy

i have some bad news to report. my car series 58xxxxx is far from flawless - usual suspect of paint irregularities, blemishes, alignment issues, etc are there. same with the neighboring cars in the delivery bay.

i really needed the car, so i took delivery anyway. the damages were officially noted and photographed on employees delivery app. ill take it in for repair some time in the future.

long story:
waiting room was nonstop cycle of people for pickup. my window was scheduled for 10min, but i ended up doing inspection for 1 hour. time flew by. the delivery person was very kind and patient, so i only felt pressure vs everybody else, and that it was getting dark and closing time.

* confirm dead pedal = carpeted :( empty slot for frunk hooks. no frunk mat. very very cheap move :(
* car only charged to 60mi. i asked for juice during inspection, enough to get me home.

* front bumper has some minor blemishes. these are equivalent to what i would pick up on the road, anyway, so these i forgave.
* delivery person picked up significant paint bump on A pillar. almost like a booger that was painted over.
* dark scratch on door edge. very clearly it "doored" into another car or object
* small dark orange flecks of paint on hood, and smaller more faint yellow blobs under the paint.

so most of those alignment things i consider minor, but the (1) colored paint thing on the hood (2) large paint bump on A pillar and (3) door edge blemish , is pretty disappointing. and dare i say, wouldnt be delivered by bmw or mbz in that condition. and im a little peeved about the frunk hook and mat and dead pedal thing.

Damn man that’s terrible. I’m sorry. I hope they get your car fixed soon. I understand having to take delivery. If I have this issues I would still have to take deltas well since I already sold my car.

long story:

Sorry to hear!! I feel bad for the people who basically have to take delivery even with imperfections or wait til next year and miss the rebate. Hope everything gets fixed soon.

long story:

Do you have any pics you can post of the stuff that is messed up?

just a few examples. each is pretty small in isolation, but imagine there are 3x of each. in case of the yellow paint spots, more like 10x.

Thank you. Just trying to get an idea of what to maybe look for. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. Hopefully tesla makes everything right. Your pictures are definitely helpful for the rest of us that have yet to pick ours up.