Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on 4 weeks now for my red/white FSD, ordered 5/8. Live 20 mins from the factory in Fremont and still no VIN. Red/white P3 seems to be the longest leadtime combo.
Dang. I'm 17 days behind you. Same specs. It's hard to tell by the spreadsheet whether those who go even further back are still waiting or just haven't updated their info, so thanks for the heads up that you're still lying in wait.

Reactions: Royal-1
Going on 4 weeks now for my red/white FSD, ordered 5/8. Live 20 mins from the factory in Fremont and still no VIN. Red/white P3 seems to be the longest leadtime combo.

I ordered same day White/Black w/ FSD and no VIN, called today and they don't have any more info on status...... so I think it's just performance models in general taking longer

I ordered same combo as you minus FSD on 5/9. You live right there and still nothing. Oh my. Tesla can’t even deliver cars on time in the US and now opening markets in all these other countries. I’m giving them until end of June. A large part of me says I should not put up with this awful delay and deceptive and downright deceitful timelines from Tesla though.

The wait seems long until you get the car, then it's totally worth it. Hang in there guys! I'm 2 months into ownership and have zero regrets, and in the bigger ownership picture a few weeks is insignificant. I love this car! You will love it too. Tesla should be more transparent about delivery times, but keep in mind we've seen domestic deliveries happen later in the quarter since they seem to favor overseas builds early. Also, ordering a car from pretty much any other manufacturer comes with a 6-8 week wait, so this isn't out of line with the industry. Again...hang in there, it's worth it!

Reactions: M3totms and dwalme
I ordered same day White/Black w/ FSD and no VIN, called today and they don't have any more info on status...... so I think it's just performance models in general taking longer
Ordered mine also 5/8 w/w with fsd. Also no Vin number but in Ohio. Based on his email and the stock price, I'm guessing Elon wants as many orders fulfilled this quarter to break 18 4q record.

Reactions: jnericks
I ordered same combo as you minus FSD on 5/9. You live right there and still nothing. Oh my. Tesla can’t even deliver cars on time in the US and now opening markets in all these other countries. I’m giving them until end of June. A large part of me says I should not put up with this awful delay and deceptive and downright deceitful timelines from Tesla though.

I placed same order as you on 5/10 (for lease). No contact so far.

I think the relay of info is highly dependent on the delivery advisor. I got my VIN within a few days of my 4/29 order. My car was at the closest dealer late Wednesday, and is due for delivery sometime between 5/30 and 6/1. So I had my VIN a month ahead. Some folks get it a day before