Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As promised, I wanted to provide a quick follow up to my previous post. Long story short, I decided to refuse the delivery of my Tesla.

Even though the vehicle was already at the service center, it still took over a week from making payment to get a confirmed delivery date. And multiple phone calls + e-mails. Regardless, the vehicle did look good upon initial presentation. Panel gaps are there, but relatively even, and seems to have been assembled well enough. But there was a deep foot long scratch on the rear passenger door and dust under the paint. The test drive also indicated some minor but prevalent squeaks and pops from the interior. Which appeared to be increasing the more I drove. There is some hidden cheapness you don't experience with vehicles in this price range.

Combined with many other issues I won't go into again, I decided it was best to walk away. On a positive note, the refund process was seamless and completed in about a week; although BoA was very active in pushing for said refund.

I will note that I do like Tesla and what they're doing. They're improving, but to be honest, they have a long way to go. I can only suggest that folks continue pushing them in the right direction with unbiased feedback. I'll certainly keep them in mind for my future vehicle purchases.

As I won't be purchasing again, just wanted to throw out this final update. Appreciate the informative and generally helpful forum members. Good luck with your purchases.

• Informative
Reactions: xasroma
Ordered a second M3P for my wife. This one White/Black on 5/27 and I just received a text that said the car is in transit to the service center and to click the link to schedule my delivery.

Odd thing is they only offered three dates (June 5, 6, 7). I will need a Saturday or a Monday so will have to call to rearrange pickup.

I assume this is an automated message and the actual arrival of the car will happen later than next week. My first go around my car took an extra 2 weeks to get to the service center compared to the originally automated pickup date.

No VIN or MVPA in my account yet.

Tholland thanks for input on HW3. Now if I could only get the w/w unicorn! So I could perform the update.
I’m at wait of over 7 weeks. Called Tesla today to check on my reservation and they said everything is in order.
Glad you are enjoying that MSM change or you would still be here with us on the waiting list.

Anytime my friend anytime. Yes you’re correct I wouldn’t have been able to do it. Glad I got the MSM, I actually like more than the white now. But the white on white is still super striking. Can’t wait for you to get yours

I’m 3 weeks into my wait and I’m not certain I’m going to wait much longer. Having this much time to think has me doubting my decision to purchase. I’m leaning toward just canceling. I don’t like Tesla telling me 2 weeks for delivery and not meeting it plus not communicating or returning my emails. The product is so amazing but I’m not sure it’s worth all the aggravation.

I’m 3 weeks into my wait and I’m not certain I’m going to wait much longer. Having this much time to think has me doubting my decision to purchase. I’m leaning toward just canceling. I don’t like Tesla telling me 2 weeks for delivery and not meeting it plus not communicating or returning my emails. The product is so amazing but I’m not sure it’s worth all the aggravation.

It is. Unfortunately.

Reactions: jnericks
To speed up your delivery you can ask for them to locate you one inventory. Probably will be a different color combo if your not 100% sold on the color combo you ordered. That’s what I ended up doing

Ordered a Performance Model 3 with FSD, pearl white with black interior on 5/14. I'm in San Jose and the estimated delivery was "within two weeks." I completed my profile and everything by 5/17. On Tuesday (the 14th day from placing my order) I emailed and asked for a delivery update and was told my car's ETA to finish production was the end of this week. I have not yet received a VIN.

To speed up your delivery you can ask for them to locate you one inventory. Probably will be a different color combo if your not 100% sold on the color combo you ordered. That’s what I ended up doing

Yeah but I’m unlikely to move off my red/white combo. The wait is simply awful but I keep telling myself patience. There is no way I’d be this patient or kind with any other company I do business with.

It is. Unfortunately.

I tend to believe you. My friend has a 2018 white/white P3D and loves the thing. I chatted with Tesla support earlier today and they were incredibly candid with me. She acknowledged their shortfalls on the customer service and communication end and how that is likely costing them business and how they need to improve. That kind of honest analysis makes me root harder for them to succeed but also harder for me to simply cancel and walkaway. Sigh..

I tend to believe you. My friend has a 2018 white/white P3D and loves the thing. I chatted with Tesla support earlier today and they were incredibly candid with me. She acknowledged their shortfalls on the customer service and communication end and how that is likely costing them business and how they need to improve. That kind of honest analysis makes me root harder for them to succeed but also harder for me to simply cancel and walkaway. Sigh..

Yeah. My list of complaints with Tesla is a mile long. Some the service, some the product (P3D+) and lack of fit/finish etc. That the car is still so worth it tells you just how good it is.