Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had know there was going to be this much of a delay I would have ordered earlier.
Same. I wanted to have the car by May 5, but thought I'd have it by Apr 1. Had no idea it would likely be beyond May 1. Unfortunately that's the likely reality and there's not much to be done about it. Wish I had ordered in early March because it seems like a lot of those orders were filled by EOQ.

If I had know there was going to be this much of a delay I would have ordered earlier.

Totally agree. If I had know this, i would order earlier. Now the car is going to come around the time I’m out of the country. And my trade in is just going to keep getting lower with another 6-8 weeks. Jeeeez I guess it is what it is.

Reactions: Clockwork
From the Q1 letter: We believe we will deliver between 90,000 and 100,000 vehicles in Q2. Although it is possible to deliver a higher number of vehicles, we believe it is important to begin unwinding the "wave" approach to vehicle deliveries, where overseas cars have been made in the first half of the quarter and North American cars have been made in the second half. This puts extreme stress on Tesla, negatively affects our working capital needs and adds to our cost structure.

One of my fears was that all production right now is being sent overseas. I suppose there's a chance that an NA batch will be made before a June delivery.

Also from the letter:
Unlike Model S and Model X, we do not build Model 3 vehicles to order. Rather, given its significantly higher volume, we build different variants of Model 3 in batches (including regional versions), and every vehicle that leaves the factory initially becomes inventory. While in inventory, those vehicles are then matched to a specific order made by each customer.

If there is reason for optimism it’s the Q1 earnings report stating that they are trying to shift their delivery strategy from how they did things last quarter, which may mean there will be a North America batch in the coming weeks instead of close to the end of June.

Has you trade value, already got re evaluated?
Nope, i did the one on the site that said 29 and some changes, then when I ordered literally 2 hours later they said the trade had to be redone. I took it to CarMax which they said they would match, when the re-evaluation is done. But my CarMax offer will run out before the car is even made at this point.

Reactions: xtcEV
Cherry Hill NJ has a While Paint/Black Interior Performance available with 750 miles, sold as new with a modest discount, if anyone is interested. You can call them and ask or PM me if you want the contact info for the person I spoke to.

They also said they are telling people to expect to wait 5-6 weeks for a new Performance car to be custom built, plus 1-2 weeks to be shipped from CA. Not sure that really aligns with "the wave" or "unrolling the wave" or whatever, but it is their guidance.

Cherry Hill NJ has a While Paint/Black Interior Performance available with 750 miles, sold as new with a modest discount, if anyone is interested. You can call them and ask or PM me if you want the contact info for the person I spoke to.

They also said they are telling people to expect to wait 5-6 weeks for a new Performance car to be custom built, plus 1-2 weeks to be shipped from CA. Not sure that really aligns with "the wave" or "unrolling the wave" or whatever, but it is their guidance.
What’s your zip

Did they say it’s on site? Because sometimes they say it’s one available, and they still have to find it and or try to get it. I’m interested as I have a white on white on order and for the right price discount let the white interior go

They implied it was close enough to not have a transport fee, but did not say where it actually was. I wasn't looking for white so I didn't press for more details. The zip of the store there is 08002. This white one wasn't listed on the public search site as far as I know, but did show up on their internal system when I asked the person there to look for available Performance models.

I just called the Chicago store and the advisors there are stating they have no insight into when performance 3s will be showing up. Last P3D came through about a week and a half ago. Most cars arriving are SRs and a few LRs and AWDs occasionally.

They also stated that the lower price (auto pilot and paint) would be applied when I’m matched to a VIN.

They implied it was close enough to not have a transport fee, but did not say where it actually was. I wasn't looking for white so I didn't press for more details. The zip of the store there is 08002. This white one wasn't listed on the public search site as far as I know, but did show up on their internal system when I asked the person there to look for available Performance models.
Thanks man. Call my advisor and they are getting the picture for me now. If that looks good I will be matched. I hope has the spoiler and badge

Ordered mine 4/14 and I was told today it's still in preproduction. They saw the white/black one you're talking about, it's leaving CA for Nashville, but they said the one in preproduction would likely get here before transporting it to Nashville then turning it around. Praying that timeline holds up!

Ordered mine 4/14 and I was told today it's still in preproduction. They saw the white/black one you're talking about, it's leaving CA for Nashville, but they said the one in preproduction would likely get here before transporting it to Nashville then turning it around. Praying that timeline holds up!

I was told it was on the east coast. Well the white with black. And that currently no eta on when p3d will be coming out this way. But more around 4-5 weeks is the guess.