Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine on 4/23 - w/w Performance. No vin and no delivery date. I called and spoke to a rep for my area and he stated that because it was a custom order, it would be 4-8 weeks from order date. I asked why such a large discrepancy from the 2 weeks listed on the custom site. His reply was "I am sorry that it was not more accurate." I asked if he can see any status at all and he said the car was not in production yet. I guess I'll be hanging out in the waiting room for a while.

White/white does seem to be one of the least common builds, therefore taking longer. I believe there are some P3Ds in inventory, so if you get desperate you could look around and see if there’s a different color combo that’s worth skipping the wait for. Or you can find a sales person who will search the non-public inventory for a test drive car or whatever.

All that said, I’m sure they’ll want to deliver your car this quarter, so I’d be shocked if you didn’t get it in June at the latest. They’ve been building for the US lately, so hopefully not even that long. :)

She is fast, graceful, beautiful and so much fun. Despite taking a test drive, reading countless reviews it didn’t sink in today how incredible electric cars can be and how much of an technical and engineering marvel the Tesla Model 3 is.

Amazing! I mean, amazing there’s no rain in your photos — I guess that’s just the impression I have of Seattle. :) And amazing that you can stand to give her up for the PPF. I feel more like ‘you can tear this car out of my cold, dead hands!’ :)

Congrats on the new arrival, and I’m glad she was worth the wait!

Got mine. No real issues aside from one edge of the spoiler already lifting up, and a small nick in the center console... I plan on covering the center console, but the nick is raised, and I think it might show through the vinyl, so they'll probably have to replace it.

Other than that, pretty perfect.

Reactions: ammulder
Ordered mine on 4/23 - w/w Performance. No vin and no delivery date. I called and spoke to a rep for my area and he stated that because it was a custom order, it would be 4-8 weeks from order date. I asked why such a large discrepancy from the 2 weeks listed on the custom site. His reply was "I am sorry that it was not more accurate." I asked if he can see any status at all and he said the car was not in production yet. I guess I'll be hanging out in the waiting room for a while.

This doesn't make sense to me, I think it's more about location. I ordered May 1st, red/white P3D FSD, which is technically also custom and got delivery info May7th, I'm picking up this Saturday as I wasn't able to make time during the week. But it was 7 days for Tesla to try and schedule delivery. I am about 18 miles from the Freemont factory though. My guess is that the build on your car is 1-2 weeks but then they likely will wait until they have a full truck load of orders heading in your direction. Totally speculation, but that seems logical. Sorry it's taking so long. I'm really surprised mine was ready so fast, I ordered May 1st to get the less expensive price on the FSD and so I would make sure the care came in before the end of June. I was expecting end of May to mid June for delivery. No way expected 7 days.

Life is too short. You’ve been enjoying your car for a long time now. Don’t sweat it!

I'd agree, but there have been other issues I've had with the car since delivery. Don't get me wrong, love the car still but man...

To top it off the installer came to try and install a 2nd spoiler and of course it didnt fit right on the dry trial.

And here she is!

Attachments

• E2791107-1D12-40DB-83A6-27EDC5561F65.jpeg
    E2791107-1D12-40DB-83A6-27EDC5561F65.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 97
So.. to commemorate 30 days since my order on 4/7 of white on black with FSD I got an email from Tesla subject ‘Next Steps For Your Model 3 Delivery’. It lists ‘action required’ for all of the items like delivery location, trade in, drivers license, etc. that have been provided since the day I ordered. So.. I called in and entered my zip code which sent me to the Charlotte SC. I explained the situation and asked what it is they need. I still have no VIN.
She said ‘I’m showing a VIN for you’! She checked location and it was on their lot! So.. I asked when I could pick it up and what the exact payout would be so I can get a certified check. She said she’d get me an email and I could pick it up In the next few days. Ughh. Let hope that day is today or tomorrow!
I find it interesting that the car made it all the way to the SC with no communication, no VIN.
Hopefully the end of the wait is coming.

Follow-up and likely end to my saga waiting for the model3. The SC emailed me the VIN and payoff. I told them I'd buy pizza for the detail crew if I could get delivery that day. I sent the pizza, and it got there before I did :) Much to my chagrin, the car had no spoiler. I asked what the manufacture date was, and it was March 12th! So.. no HW3, no spoiler.. yes it had the 14-50 and the right angle phone charging cables. The car was in decent shape. There was one dark spot in the paint that the detail guy was able to buff out. The rear doors don't close as tight as they could, leaving a bit of a gap. Other than that, the car is in fine shape.

So.. some points for all of you that have been waiting:

1. We all thought that no P3Ds were out there and that we were waiting for them to be manufactured. NOT TRUE my car at least was out there somewhere.. not sure where.. but it showed up in Charlotte on Tuesday.
2. My personal feeling is that you should go in to the SC/showroom or whatever you have nearby if possible and make your order there. I had no-one looking out for me during this process since I ordered through the app. Potentially someone working for Tesla might have helped me out when I got matched to a VIN after 30 days of waiting on a car that had already been manufactured. While waiting, I would call the 800# and get routed to the local SC, and they would simply tell me that they know nothing and keep waiting. Others ordered after me, and got the same config before me with HW3 and the spoiler installed. Maybe it would have been possible to avoid this situation if I had a contact on the "inside" YMMV

I took delivery of the car and have been enjoying it very much for the last 2 days. It is truly a remarkable automobile.

I am trying to make my peace with the fact that I would have accepted this car very willingly on Apr. 7th when I ordered it. During the 30 days I waited, the price went down $3500 which they did adjust for me. Also during the 30 days, cars started to be delivered with spoiler and HW3.

Hopefully this helps people that are currently waiting.. Just because a car doesn't show up on the inventory site, doesn't mean it's not out there somewhere. Also, you may never see a VIN at all until your car actually shows up at the SC and they have checked it in. I have enjoyed looking at all of your posts during the wait and seeing a lot of folks get their cars!

Today was the day took delivery of my Performance Model 3. The waiting was painful, I even created the tags for this thread of “waiting, venting and therapy” but at long last she arrived and it was absolutely worth the wait.

Everyone meet the Electric Pepper.

View attachment 405698

She is fast, graceful, beautiful and so much fun. Despite taking a test drive, reading countless reviews it didn’t sink in today how incredible electric cars can be and how much of an technical and engineering marvel the Tesla Model 3 is.

The delivery experience was excellent, little paperwork and I had my car inspected by a local detail shop. No major issues just small items here and there. Jimmy/James the DA was outstanding and really did everything he could to make up for the wait and poor initial sales experience I had. She was dropped off to get the front end PPF wrapped and now I eagerly wait to take her for a ride this coming weekend!

Bonus: The MCR is quite the color changer. By day bright cherry metallic red by night turns into a wine red metallic.

View attachment 405699
Spoiler?

So ordered on 4/28 and got VIN 4-5 days later. Now got a call the day before delivery that my car has a deep scratch and small dent. I got a picture of the damage seems small but I just don't want a brand new car that had paint work done on day 0. What have others done in this situation? I was so looking forward to delivery but now I have to wait longer either way. I am thinking I will just wait for a brand new one to come off the line but curious what others have or would do. I think even if they fix it, it will be next week before I see it.

Congrats!!! NICE!!!
Thanks. Right back at you.

Any other news somehow some way autopilot isn’t on my configuration so Tesla has to fix that. Not even the standard autopilot. And my order was placed 4/17 originally. Then cxl and redone on the 29th which is still well within the time frame autopilot was standard on all Tesla. So they ha e to fix that. Other than that car was in good shape. Small little scratch on the passenger taillight and a few smudges spoiler not there however. But they said it’s coming very soon. Was pissed about that. But car made it home nice and safe. Still a little unreal. But happy our household is full electric.

Has anyone else had a this autopilot issues?

This doesn't make sense to me, I think it's more about location. I ordered May 1st, red/white P3D FSD, which is technically also custom and got delivery info May7th, I'm picking up this Saturday as I wasn't able to make time during the week. But it was 7 days for Tesla to try and schedule delivery. I am about 18 miles from the Freemont factory though. My guess is that the build on your car is 1-2 weeks but then they likely will wait until they have a full truck load of orders heading in your direction. Totally speculation, but that seems logical. Sorry it's taking so long. I'm really surprised mine was ready so fast, I ordered May 1st to get the less expensive price on the FSD and so I would make sure the care came in before the end of June. I was expecting end of May to mid June for delivery. No way expected 7 days.
Man I have to be a little jealous and excited by this post. Jealous because I ordered the exact same spec car on 4/6 and never heard anything (You're the first other person I've seen go "max spec"-if you will). I'm excited though because shmaybe this means one would make it's way to TX soono_O. Can you let me know how you were contacted, how delivery goes, any issues, and how it looks in person?

Reactions: bshap73