Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a text from Tesla. It says: "We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled;"

WooHoo! This is the first communication from Tesla since ordering two weeks ago. (No problem, I can wait patiently) I was wondering if they were going to try and get me in before the end of the quarter. Looks like they may try.

M3P with FSD white with black interior.

I'm am located in Albuquerque, NM and am scheduled for home delivery.

Oh, and no VIN in the source code, yet.

Reactions: photonphil
It's a principle thing. Tesla knows damn well that their real lead times are, but they straight up lie to you and say 2 weeks to get you to sign, and people put up with it. I've put it up with it for far too long. That coupled with Tesla's wild price increases / decreases, I will just wait to see if they ever get their sh!t together. I am very familiar with production - albeit not cars, but the principle is the same. If you normal lead time to produce something is 2 weeks, and you are taking 10 weeks to actually make it, you do not want that product made during that sh!tstorm. When a company raises prices in the middle of a model year, or not the standard time price increases are done (ie, a new model year) they are covering potential issues they know about. Then I got to thinking more about how much of a straight up scam it is to sell FSD when it's not available / legal yet, and if your car gets totaled in the meantime, you just pissed away 6K and Tesla tells you "too bad so sad"! It would be like having to pay for all your apps again because you bought an iPhone 11. It's preposterous, and a straight up money grab. Bleh. Rant over. Sorry for being negative, but these are real issues.
No need to apologize. What you said was right on, brother.

However, IMO, the car is just simply sooooo good that after owning it for a couple days, the horrible purchasing experience and wait times fade quickly from memory. It really is a phenomenal car.

But the points you make are completely valid. I'm really sorry that Tesla screwed this up for you. You're going to be missing out on the most fun car ever made. Maybe someday they *will* get their stuff together and keep people informed and happy, not to mention accurate order times!

Hey guys, first update I've ever had received now.

"Tesla Update: We expect to deliver your Model 3 in next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled."

8/7 order date, MSM/Black P3D, Bay Area CA.

This has been the first and only update I've ever gotten. Do I believe they will actually be able to delivery all these Model 3's in the next 2 weeks? Nope, I do not.

I'm with @patbateman , very close to cancelling my order based on the lies, the corporate run around, lack of proactive communication, false advertising (e.g., delivery in 2 weeks), etc. Not to mention delivery horror stories with paint issues, panel gaps, etc. It's like you can wait all this time and they try to give you a subpar vehicle and then you have to wait AGAIN!
Fwiw I have been inspecting newly built m3s and the paint and fitment seem to be fine

No need to apologize. What you said was right on, brother.

However, IMO, the car is just simply sooooo good that after owning it for a couple days, the horrible purchasing experience and wait times fade quickly from memory. It really is a phenomenal car.

But the points you make are completely valid. I'm really sorry that Tesla screwed this up for you. You're going to be missing out on the most fun car ever made. Maybe someday they *will* get their stuff together and keep people informed and happy, not to mention accurate order times!

Maybe a lesson learned for them. Over promising and under delivering isn’t a great practice.

Reactions: GOOCHY and Phlier
Fwiw I have been inspecting newly built m3s and the paint and fitment seem to be fine
Did you check out the main M3 thread for paint and body, though? There are some recent comments in there and long-term reviews from owners who have some remarkable evidence.

Fingers crossed they've fixed it for this batch. Some of those shoddy paint jobs were horrible from what I see in the pics. Not just at delivery but after a few thousand miles. Not sure if limited to solid colors ....

Did you check out the main M3 thread for paint and body, though?
I read that thread, and it had me scared to death to do the pre-delivery inspection on my car (see sig). I was actually blown away when I inspected my car, as it was extremely good in both fit and finish.

IMO, they have gone from over all poor, to mostly poor, to 50/50, to 75% good /25% bad. So they're working on it, which is great to see.

Reactions: photonphil
Just got the same generic text except I ordered on 9/9/2019 (P3D silver/white +FSD Portland, OR) which makes wonder, is there anyone who didn't get this message? Not sure if I should get my hopes up for delivery within 2 weeks or if this is just an automated message that went to literally everyone waiting...

Did you check out the main M3 thread for paint and body, though? There are some recent comments in there and long-term reviews from owners who have some remarkable evidence.

Fingers crossed they've fixed it for this batch. Some of those shoddy paint jobs were horrible from what I see in the pics. Not just at delivery but after a few thousand miles. Not sure if limited to solid colors ....
I did see alot of them and that was my biggest fear before ordering. I think there are tons of variables such as build date and if you drive often on unpaved roads. But from my small random sample .. paint and fitment seemed fine. Can't speak to the durability of the paint against rocks but you could always ppf and get mudflaps if you are really worried. Whatever it is..we are already signed up to accept the risk with a young car company. The trade off is we get to experience the future of cars now.

Just checking in to say that I got the text as well, and that my sales advisor said he added the 2 years free supercharging after I emailed to ask about it this morning. I ordered on 8/11 for delivery in SF. Still no VIN in the source code.
No VIN showing in source for me either, but was told I had one when I called fremont delivery center yesterday and to expect 9/18 or 9/19. What SA are u working with?

Got the 2 week text. Los Angeles, CA, see signature for order details - just changed the order config Monday the 11th. Still no VIN in the page source.

Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when you delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Picked up my car today. Looks great. Pedestrian speaker is loud though
57E79D6A-204C-40B2-9063-4EEEA4B9C5B7.jpeg