Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's another thing I noticed when picking up my car. The Tesla guy thought it was just a paper towel part or something but it's more like some sort of cloth that is stuck in the top of the door between gasket and window. I've tried using needle nose pliers to pull it out and other tools to tuck it back in but can't get all of it out or in lol. It's much less noticeable now but here's what it originally looked like upon delivery. Anyone else have this "defect"?
tesladoor.JPG

I didn't have a VIN this morning, but when I checked this evening it had appeared in the source code! I ordered on 8/11, white exterior with black interior, for delivery in SF. Still no contact to schedule delivery but my account page is asking for final payment. I'm going to call the delivery center tomorrow morning.

I didn't have a VIN this morning, but when I checked this evening it had appeared in the source code! I ordered on 8/11, white exterior with black interior, for delivery in SF. Still no contact to schedule delivery but my account page is asking for final payment. I'm going to call the delivery center tomorrow morning.

If it's similar to mine at all, you'll get a text from them in the morning with a tentative delivery appointment and the VIN will show on the main page (as opposed to just in the source code)

4F231F13-4495-452E-A8A4-EBC2792061C9.jpeg
Took delivery today...w/w FSD in Colorado ordered 8/12. Perfect panel gaps, nearly no flaws—only issues were two tiny dots of missing paint (like pin holes) and a tiny rub in the paint, all on the front bumper. There was a blob of paint smaller than a fingernail on the rocker panel near the passenger rear tire. Everything else was flawless, just like you’d expect from a car at this level. A guy took me through a tour, notes the issues and made the service appt, and off we went.

I will say after driving around all afternoon, trying features out, having my friend show me Navigate On Autopilot...I feel really sorry for those buyers who have cancelled their orders due to delays. I understand the principle, and sympathize, but this product is just SO good. It is worth the pain and emotional ride of waiting and hoping. Stick with it...I’ve never driven something this good. The auto driving is beyond reality, even after watching all the videos. Stick with it, you’ll be glad you waited through to the delivery. I can’t fathom buying an ICE after this. And right now it is “filling up the tank” by itself, in my garage. So freaking cool.

This forum made the wait more tolerable. Thanks all, see you on the road!

View attachment 457315 Took delivery today...w/w FSD in Colorado ordered 8/12. Perfect panel gaps, nearly no flaws—only issues were two tiny dots of missing paint (like pin holes) and a tiny rub in the paint, all on the front bumper. There was a blob of paint smaller than a fingernail on the rocker panel near the passenger rear tire. Everything else was flawless, just like you’d expect from a car at this level. A guy took me through a tour, notes the issues and made the service appt, and off we went.

I will say after driving around all afternoon, trying features out, having my friend show me Navigate On Autopilot...I feel really sorry for those buyers who have cancelled their orders due to delays. I understand the principle, and sympathize, but this product is just SO good. It is worth the pain and emotional ride of waiting and hoping. Stick with it...I’ve never driven something this good. The auto driving is beyond reality, even after watching all the videos. Stick with it, you’ll be glad you waited through to the delivery. I can’t fathom buying an ICE after this. And right now it is “filling up the tank” by itself, in my garage. So freaking cool.

This forum made the wait more tolerable. Thanks all, see you on the road!

Great looking ride. Did you happen to see any white with black interiors floating around there?? Still waiting on mine. I was a little behind you on ordering, but figured it worth asking. When I called the Colorado guys told me the same thing every other Tesla center has been saying, but they were nice about it at least. Haha

Great looking ride. Did you happen to see any white with black interiors floating around there?? Still waiting on mine. I was a little behind you on ordering, but figured it worth asking. When I called the Colorado guys told me the same thing every other Tesla center has been saying, but they were nice about it at least. Haha
That one next to me was a white/black but not Performance. Mine was the only Performance I saw. They said they had delivered nearly 100 today alone. Trucks coming in daily.

Reactions: bhein73