Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally a cleaning cloth, do you have a small plastic pry bar? gently pry the gap and pull it out?

I think it may be part of the interior? I tried a pry bar, needle nose pliers, pick tool, etc. I was able to lift the gasket and even part of the door panel but those threads are definitely stuck on something or attached somewhere. I ended up basically pulling each hair until it broke off so now it looks like a buzz cut lol. No one would notice but me at this point but I wanted to post in case someone else had this and the Tesla guy tells them it's just something you can pull out when you get home, like they told me.
Hope everyone gets their cars soon! Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: Eclipso
Received this text tonight:

“Tesla Update - Your Model 3 will be exiting the factory and heading to Santa Barbara in the next few days. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount and complete all outstanding tasks within the next 48 hours. We will update you when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.”

Picked up my car today as well! Overall the panel gaps and paint looked good. The jambs and bottoms of the insides of the doors have good coverage too. Good steering wheel alignment. No issues with any of the glass.

I did find a few somewhat deep scratches (fingernail will catch them) and one part of the driver door on the bottom outside edge has chips, like it was opened into something. I’m sure these happened after the car rolled off the line, which is a shame. I dont think I’ll be letting it go to the Tesla body shop for fear of other damage to the otherwise good car, and I wouldn’t want a respray of the door anyway. I’m going to see if they’ll comp me a touch up kit, and I’ll fill and buff them myself (I have a DA polisher).

Reactions: Phlier
Great looking ride. Did you happen to see any white with black interiors floating around there?? Still waiting on mine. I was a little behind you on ordering, but figured it worth asking. When I called the Colorado guys told me the same thing every other Tesla center has been saying, but they were nice about it at least. Haha

That one next to me was a white/black but not Performance. Mine was the only Performance I saw. They said they had delivered nearly 100 today alone. Trucks coming in daily.

Yeah, my guy said they are getting another 150 on Monday and told me not to worry even though I have gotten no texts or have no vin yet, no word on the make / model break down but you have to assume a majority of them are M3's.

Last edited:
Yeah, my guy said they are getting another 150 on Monday, no word on the make / model break down but you have to assume a majority of them are M3's.

The delivery agent told me that my M3 would arrive in Littleton on Monday.

All I got to do now is coordinate payment. The only problem is; I had them correct my MVPA and now the electronic payment information has disappeared from the website. I guess I'll call support again. At least they were very nice and helpful yesterday.

Received a text saying my P3D would be exiting the factory soon and within 24 hours and complete the tasks. I uploaded my insurance but don’t see anything else to do and no VIN to get my credit union loan going. Now what???
I got the same text on Monday 9/16 nothing has changed on my account and I haven't heard anything from them since. When I contacted Tesla I was told I just have to wait.

I got a text this morning with a delivery appointment in SF on Monday afternoon. Unfortunately the time won't work for me so I'm trying to call to reschedule, but nobody's answering and the voicemail box is full. Not really surprising - I'm guessing they're slammed right now.

Finally, delivery set for the 24th, ordered on 7/19 modified on 8/15 and I got a text with a link to set the delivery appointment and requesting f9nal payment.

All I need to do now is ask about the two years of free supercharger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921-101839_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190921-101839_Samsung Internet.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20190921-101748_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190921-101748_Samsung Internet.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 46