Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To quote myself last week:
Ordered an M3 DM with FSD and 19" wheels yesterday. Got worried about buyers remorse and scheduled a test in a Performance. They are not doing test rides through the Black Friday Weekend so I scheduled a ride for 12:00 on Monday. The store said no problems to change my order if the performance is what I want. Now, I've found this thread, I'm a little nervous because there is the $1875 Federal Rebate at stake.
This is what I found on Teslas Web Site this morning:

"Based on remaining production capacity and logistics timing, we recommend that customers in the continental US place their orders by December 8th to take delivery by 12/31. Note this is not a guarantee. Actual delivery date also depends on customer availability and readiness. For customers in Hawaii, view inventory available for delivery."

I guess if it is trending close to the deadline, I could ask for a Fremont, CA delivery point?
Might be nice to take a factory tour too and on the way back to Denver, I could stop at the Giga Factory in Sparks?

Update: Took the test ride, canceled the above car and ordered an M3P, FSD, Blue. Dang! A lot more money than I planned for but I know I'd be sorry not to have the extra kick in the seat when I wanted it. Made the application, financing approved and now just waiting for the VIN.
I was not happy to give up my place in line for the M3 DM because of the time factor. The Tesla person I talked to told me the Performance would likely deliver sooner than the M3 DM would have - thinking of this thread, I just smiled...Time will tell!

Been long time lurker...new to finally posting as I get closer to getting my new toy!

Ordered 11/8
Went to Tesla New Owner workshop and looked up in back end and build date is 12/9
Delivery scheduled 12/24

Saw another Performance build date of someone who ordered in October for 12/9 as well so guess they do a run of them at once!

Still no VIN...I guess that only gets loaded after the build date.

damn..lucky you!
ok so ill meet you there and you can drive me around for the next 10 days till my delivery date
..I wonder why some cars are so delayed? Think I can show up before my delivery day and look around the lot for my car? who do I need to talk to to get my date moved to the day my car arrives?
I took home another M3P loaner overnight (yes, they'll let you do that if you ask), and that night I noticed my VIN in the source. So when I returned the "test drive" vehicle I was there anyway, and I asked them to check. I looked over her shoulder into Saleforce and the homebrew app they now have (they still have data in both systems), and she showed me the truck arrival date. That's when I asked about scheduling mine since I have a flex schedule at work.
I didn't get her name, but I say just go by there and see if they can move you up some.

im going to do that..although I have a feeling my truck is arriving on the 18th..so that might be the earliest I can get moved up.
There is supposedly an orientation this sunday, maybe ill use that as an excuse to bother them.

(was it the white with black interior? I took that one overnight a little over a month ago, although my first m3p experience was through turo)

Ordered our M3 Performance to replace our MS 60 RWD that the lease is up in February. Hope we can get it in time for the fed rebate, but my company is offering $3k to the 1st 1000 employees that purchase an EV.

We found a deal we could not pass up. We were initially going to get a M3 LR. Sales checked their inventory and there were several Red M3 Performance slated to be built that were $6k less than customizing the Performance on the Tesla site. Turns out that these have the performance motors but they don't have the extra performance options (spoiler, 18" aero vs performance wheels, etc). Items we are willing to go without but still have the speed. We are not interested in racing but enjoy quick acceleration.

No VIN and it went from 2-4 week delivery last night to 3-5 weeks today

was it the white with black interior? I took that one overnight a little over a month ago, although my first m3p experience was through turo
Yep. It was my second overnighter. I got one early in October, days before I ordered. The only thing is that you can only pick it up at closing, so right at 5pm, and they want it back by 9:30am or so. But I cruised probably 60 miles on it that night. I already had the home charger so I brought it back full :)

Ordered our M3 Performance to replace our MS 60 RWD that the lease is up in February. Hope we can get it in time for the fed rebate, but my company is offering $3k to the 1st 1000 employees that purchase an EV.

We found a deal we could not pass up. We were initially going to get a M3 LR. Sales checked their inventory and there were several Red M3 Performance slated to be built that were $6k less than customizing the Performance on the Tesla site. Turns out that these have the performance motors but they don't have the extra performance options (spoiler, 18" aero vs performance wheels, etc). Items we are willing to go without but still have the speed. We are not interested in racing but enjoy quick acceleration.

No VIN and it went from 2-4 week delivery last night to 3-5 weeks today

those are called stealth performance or M3P- , they are produced along with the LR cars, and not the performance cars in this thread, youll want to follow this one: LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

• Informative
Reactions: bsf29 and Haeffelin
So I’m concerned I got incorrect info from my delivery person. VIN in source on 12/3 and not showing in account. Called today and they said truck arrives 12/10 and scheduled delivery for 12/11 in Florida. I see people who got VIN before me with delivery the following week. Could my info be wrong?