Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition to force Tesla to come up with a retrofit for AutoPilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh great, now we got someone saying they are going to dump hundreds of thousands of dollars into a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT -> http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...out-the-D-just-9-days-after-taking-delivery-of-P85-merits-a-switch%21%21%21?p=786940&viewfull=1#post786940

I said the following in that thread, and I'll reiterate it here:
This is what just really pisses me off about today's society. Today everybody expects to the world to revolve around them. "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME". Why can't people just be happy and take responsibility for things and just be happy with what they got? Talk about being self-centered and materialistic. Grow up peoples.

Maybe Tesla should ask every potential owner to take some sort of personality profile test...if the test shows that a prospective owner trends towards believing in utopian manufacturing / communication methodologies, being illogical, an entitlement freak, or just a run of the mill malcontent, they should send them to Mitsubishi...:wink:

oh great, now we got someone saying they are going to dump hundreds of thousands of dollars into a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT -> http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...out-the-D-just-9-days-after-taking-delivery-of-P85-merits-a-switch%21%21%21?p=786940&viewfull=1#post786940

I said the following in that thread, and I'll reiterate it here:
This is what just really pisses me off about today's society. Today everybody expects to the world to revolve around them. "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME". Why can't people just be happy and take responsibility for things and just be happy with what they got? Talk about being self-centered and materialistic. Grow up peoples.

Recent Model S buyers angry with Tesla for missing out on new features - San Jose Mercury News

And one more thing: "If Tesla had said it's coming, but we can't say exactly when, I would have waited," said W.

I don´t want to seem rude but I don´t believe this sentence. No, You wouldn´t have. You would have wanted Your Model S. I think You are not really honest to Yourself here.

Not only that, but no company is going to deliberately Osborne itself like that. I'd like Tesla to continue to exist thanks.

I really don't see this going forward for too long... What Tesla does is not different from any other manufacturer. There is no law that requires any company to disclose the date or even the existence of an upcoming product. Yes, some companies do that towards the end of the lifecycle of the product, but that is just part of their ad strategy.
I hope the court throws the class action out if there even is one.

Recent Model S buyers angry with Tesla for missing out on new features - San Jose Mercury News

And one more thing: "If Tesla had said it's coming, but we can't say exactly when, I would have waited," said W.

I don´t want to seem rude but I don´t believe this sentence. No, You wouldn´t have. You would have wanted Your Model S. I think You are not really honest to Yourself here.

Then... he um, should have waited?

Let's see here, annual shareholders meeting in June Elon stated that they would have autopilot on the cars (original timeline was stated to be next year... but hey, they said it was coming...

During one of the townhalls in Europe it was either Elon or JB that stated that they were working on an AWD Model S and it would likely release after the Model X... so again, they jumped the timeline, but they said it was coming...

I have NO sympathy for those who chose to buy the car as it was advertised since we knew since last winter about the AWD Model S and since June about the autopilot... the only ones who have any right to complain would be those who purchased BEFORE those statements were made, meaning people who bought the car in 2013 or before, everyone else, I'm sorry, but the company told you it was coming YOU chose to buy the car as it was, Tesla made no additional promises to you and you have no real ground for complaint...

Edit: I am sorry if I am coming off a little frustrated here about this, but Bonnie even posted where both of these features had been discussed well in advance of the announcement. Anyone on these forums should have had the "inside scoop" and anyone else didn't feel like doing some basic googling (this website is cached in google) and again, I have no real sympathy for you. You bought a tech product and didn't do the first rule of buying a tech product which is: "see if there is something better than what you are considering buying".

Then... he um, should have waited?

Let's see here, annual shareholders meeting in June Elon stated that they would have autopilot on the cars (original timeline was stated to be next year... but hey, they said it was coming...

During one of the townhalls in Europe it was either Elon or JB that stated that they were working on an AWD Model S and it would likely release after the Model X... so again, they jumped the timeline, but they said it was coming...

I have NO sympathy for those who chose to buy the car as it was advertised since we knew since last winter about the AWD Model S and since June about the autopilot... the only ones who have any right to complain would be those who purchased BEFORE those statements were made, meaning people who bought the car in 2013 or before, everyone else, I'm sorry, but the company told you it was coming YOU chose to buy the car as it was, Tesla made no additional promises to you and you have no real ground for complaint...

Edit: I am sorry if I am coming off a little frustrated here about this, but Bonnie even posted where both of these features had been discussed well in advance of the announcement. Anyone on these forums should have had the "inside scoop" and anyone else didn't feel like doing some basic googling (this website is cached in google) and again, I have no real sympathy for you. You bought a tech product and didn't do the first rule of buying a tech product which is: "see if there is something better than what you are considering buying".

I fully agree with you, Chicken, but i wouldn't even go there. I am not a lawyer, but if it ever got that far I bet Tesla's lawyers wouldn't even open that door. The idea that you can sue a manufacturer for not preannouncing new features or product refreshes is ABSURD. Companies can be, have been and should be punished for deliberately deceiving their customers, claiming product attributes that don't exist, etc. But not announcing an upcoming feature offered on future releases? Come on!

I fully agree with you, Chicken, but i wouldn't even go there. I am not a lawyer, but if it ever got that far I bet Tesla's lawyers wouldn't even open that door. The idea that you can sue a manufacturer for not preannouncing new features or product refreshes is ABSURD. Companies can be, have been and should be punished for deliberately deceiving their customers, claiming product attributes that don't exist, etc. But not announcing an upcoming feature offered on future releases? Come on!

The only case which I've seen on here that had any little bit of merit was the guy who asked Tesla whether the used model he was buying had all the latest features, and the salesperson said yes, even though that same salesperson has already started delivering new cars with the new sensors to other customers at that time.

In that way it's no different from buying a used models without folding mirrors, parking sensors, and an 'A' battery, and being told that it's the latest and greatest model out there.

Spoken as someone who has owned several high end cars before -- this is no different than any other car company, and is entirely reasonable.

My Porsche 997 came with the PCM2 electronics, and while it theoretically would have been possible to retrofit PCM3, it was never offered by Porsche. So, no bluetooth, no iPod integration, etc... Yeah, there were plenty of other cars for sale from other companies that had those features, but it was not offered in the car I bought.

If Tesla does choose to come up with a way to retrofit, if it's even possible, it would be nice, but they are under no obligation, and it may not be feasible.

If they were to only make changes under the understanding that they must be retrofittable, it would limit their ability to innovate, and that's the bottom line.

Cars get old, they depreciate, new features come out. That's life.

If you really thought you bought a car that would last you for 20 years and would continue to be the latest and greatest, I don't know what to tell you.

The only case which I've seen on here that had any little bit of merit was the guy who asked Tesla whether the used model he was buying had all the latest features, and the salesperson said yes, even though that same salesperson has already started delivering new cars with the new sensors to other customers at that time.

In that way it's no different from buying a used models without folding mirrors, parking sensors, and an 'A' battery, and being told that it's the latest and greatest model out there.

Don't think that is what happened. There were cars rolling out of the factory at around the time he asked if the inventory car he was buying was the 'current model' but we don't have any evidence that sales person had personally delivered any of the new cars let alone any in all of Seattle. That car was the current model according to the ordering system the sales people had.

Sounds like an awesome challenge for Saleen to actually do performance enhancements verses some aero kit and crappy wheels.

“Saleen Automotive is intent on continually expanding its presence in the automotive market,” stated Steve Saleen, CEO, Saleen Automotive, Inc. “We have already announced or produced incredible vehicles including Camaros, Challengers, and of course Mustangs, adding style and performance to each of those legendary lines. Now, we turn our attention to the vehicle that has defined the sports car in the rapidly growing electric car sector.”