Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E adding $10 a month to solar bill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, on PG&E even if you have a tiered non-TOU rate plan, you can still see your hourly consumption on their web site under MyEnergy. My NEM SmartMeter reports in 15 minute intervals, not 1 hour like my parents' regular SmartMeter.

That is interesting. My meter installer had mentioned my 'special' TOU meter. I also have NEM, but the PG&E web site reports 1 hour intervals... Maybe it is because I am grandfathered into E7 TOU - which is no longer available?

That is interesting. My meter installer had mentioned my 'special' TOU meter. I also have NEM, but the PG&E web site reports 1 hour intervals... Maybe it is because I am grandfathered into E7 TOU - which is no longer available?
PG&E collects the data at 15 minute intervals but only seems to report it at 1 hour intervals.

I too am on an E7 and that's why I am putting in a second meter for my X so it can be on a dedicated EV B plan. The E7 is sweet and I don't want to push myself into the higher tiers. I had to wait a number of years to put in solar because they would not let you do that on an E7 for the longest time.

Once I got my smart meter last year they then allowed me to hook up solar too and there was absolutely no change in the meter or any visit from PG&E. It was just a flip of their billing engine to put me on NEM - E7 after I filled out an application. And yes the NEM application states that E7 NEM is only available to existing E7 customers.

...I too am on an E7 and that's why I am putting in a second meter for my X so it can be on a dedicated EV B plan. The E7 is sweet and I don't want to push myself into the higher tiers. I had to wait a number of years to put in solar because they would not let you do that on an E7 for the longest time.

Same here. The previous owner of my house was into pottery making, and had an electric kiln. So he had E7 long ago. Back then, you had to pay extra for the special meter. When we bought the house, 20-something years ago, we managed to keep the E7. I am really grateful to him, because it has saved us a lot of dinero over the years. When we put in our solar system, I was very careful to make sure we could keep the E7 rates.

Once I got my smart meter last year they then allowed me to hook up solar too and there was absolutely no change in the meter or any visit from PG&E. It was just a flip of their billing engine to put me on NEM - E7 after I filled out an application. And yes the NEM application states that E7 NEM is only available to existing E7 customers.

Ditto.