Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E evPulse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is almost no information on the website for this program that really explains how it works. I am also on an EV plan and always do a scheduled charge at midnight. The last thing I need is PG&E to decide I should charge at 1 PM when they have plenty of solar available. And I don't need another service that I need to micro manage, thank you.

The program is run by Weavegrid, which got series A funding in March 2021. They’re trying to do something similar to ohmconnect where they can manage their network of participants to load shift. They get credits this way and can also do the added benefit of a pseudo “storm watch” to charge batteries in advance of a PSPS or possible outage.

It’s a cool concept, but I’m not terribly sure how all these conflicting tools like Charge EQ and this will coexist.

The program they are rolling out now is quite interesting. Most PG&E customers are familiar with the PSPS program. Planned safety power shutoffs will shut off power to a region when weather forecast situations dictate (heat, high wind, etc). In advance of PSPS's, PG&E can send you an alert suggesting you charge your EV. For Teslas they can automatically start charging your car in advance (in case you miss the text message).

Oh, and pay you for the privilege...

So cool.

• Funny
Reactions: aesculus
The program is run by Weavegrid, which got series A funding in March 2021. They’re trying to do something similar to ohmconnect where they can manage their network of participants to load shift. They get credits this way and can also do the added benefit of a pseudo “storm watch” to charge batteries in advance of a PSPS or possible outage.

It’s a cool concept, but I’m not terribly sure how all these conflicting tools like Charge EQ and this will coexist.
Not sure if this is the same, but I saw something on the news about a program someplace that just shifted the start times a bit to minimize the spikes. Times like midnight are the default in some cars and people being people, just leave it at the default. These programs where shifting the start time a few minutes to level out the surge.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder