Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Battery Loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted a question asking how much battery loss should I expect on my 2013 S 85. I am losing between 15 to 20 miles in a 24 hour period. It is so bad that I can’t leave it at an airport for any extended period of time with out fear of bricking. I also asked if anyone knew what Tesla would warranty if I did. What was posted wasn’t even close to that. I wonder what TMC will post this time??

I have a 2016 85D. I will tell you that it varies, a lot. Yesterday I lost 6 miles while working out at the gym for an hour. Then I lost another 8 miles in the few hours after I got home. Then I only lost 1 overnight. Is your consistently bad, or does it vary? If consistently bad, it could be the 12 volt battery needs replacing.

I posted a question asking how much battery loss should I expect on my 2013 S 85. I am losing between 15 to 20 miles in a 24 hour period. It is so bad that I can’t leave it at an airport for any extended period of time with out fear of bricking. I also asked if anyone knew what Tesla would warranty if I did. What was posted wasn’t even close to that. I wonder what TMC will post this time??
That seems kind of high. I assume you have MCU1, Check the following:
Summon standby = off (this one is a big deal)
Energy saving mode = on (MCU1 only)
Sentry mode = ?
Always connected = ? (MCU 1 only)

do you have third party apps accessing your car? If so, some of them may prevent your car from sleeping.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H