Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom drain 🔋⚡️

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is 'normal' and thus acceptable? At what percentage 'phantom drain' would you ask for service check?

For various reasons I have done just 51 road miles duringthe first two weeks of May but used 70 battery miles; that more than 40%. lost!!

What is 'normal' and thus acceptable? At what percentage 'phantom drain' would you ask for service check?

For various reasons I have done just 51 road miles duringthe first two weeks of May but used 70 battery miles; that more than 40%. lost!!
that is not how you measure phantom drain. There are too many variables in what you stated to even comment on it.
If you want a true measure of phantom drain
Park the car. Let the battery cool down. Check the battery percent. Don't drive for 24 hours check the % again ideally when the outside temperature is the same as when you parked it.
Over that period have sentry off and don't check the app ever.
You should find it less than 1% per day. Probably much less at this time of year.

Last edited:

That seems reasonable I drive all highway round trip is 80 miles but it usually says I put 110-120miles back in to the car. As @Jason71 says though that's not phantom drain. I have been pleasantly surprised at the efficiency though. Doing 70-90mph on the highway it really does quite well.
You can seem my big spike when I merged on to the highway.

On the phantom drain topic right now it's hard to tell with cold nights and hot days If my car sits and I check during the day it has more range then it had the night before. So I gain a couple miles from the heat.

1652700147985.png

Last edited: