Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Drain much reduced?

Reddom

Sep 25, 2019
West London
I’ve not been keeping detailed records but it seems like phantom drain on my M3LR is much reduced. During lockdown 1 I think I was losing about 1% every 2 days without sentry enabled. At the moment it feels like I’m losing about 1% a week, which is impressively low. Like I said I didn’t keep actual data, so was wondering if anyone else has noticed this large improvement.?

RD

Glan gluaisne

Supporting Member
Sep 11, 2019
UK
Same here, never used sentry and the drain when parked up for long periods has always* been low, perhaps 1% a week, if that.

* The exception was when there was a problem with the esim, that caused the car to stay awake for hours each day, now seemingly fixed with the switch to the Dutch esim.

VanillaAir_UK

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
Ours averages around 1%/day. But SoC is constantly fluctuating so not a reliable indicator. I have seen -4% on some days, followed by +4% on another. I also think some usage patterns make a difference, such as where the car is parked.

dan223

Apr 29, 2019
Essex
Mine is also pretty low, I find that it loses around 1-2% on the first night, mainly due to the battery getting cold, and then seems to stay the same.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC