Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Drain Post Latest Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone experiencing higher than previous cases of phantom drain since the latest software update?

Without sentry activated I am finding a loss of 8 miles per night versus just a single mile previously.

Maybe the outside temperature is causing the car to wake up up and increase battery temperature as part of normal cold weather routine which was not apparent before this cold snap.

My SR+ is parked in an underground garage, but still pretty cold in there as the sides of the garage are open. Loose a few % per night. Honestly not sure if it's more than before the update. Feels like i'm loosing a fair bit at night though.

I see quite some variation day to day. Here are my stats since new, including two days before I worked out sleep mode in teslafi:
sleep.PNG

Car has never slept for longer than ~12 hours at a time here.

Anyone experiencing higher than previous cases of phantom drain since the latest software update?

Without sentry activated I am finding a loss of 8 miles per night versus just a single mile previously.

Maybe the outside temperature is causing the car to wake up up and increase battery temperature as part of normal cold weather routine which was not apparent before this cold snap.

Sept/Oct it was 1-2 miles a day not using the car now its 3-4 miles

I've never had a problem, losing maybe 1% over a few days. Enough not to need to care. Then I installed TeslaMate (selfhosted teslaFi equivalent), which looked awesome, but immediately lost 3% overnight.

So I uninstalled it.

Definitely nothing running that might be trying to monitor the car and stop it sleeping?

Andrew

I don’t think this will be the case, and it’s not properly cold in the UK anyway. The increased vampire drain will be, IMO, purely a function of the lower temperatures resulting in the pack having less usable energy, which translates to the range guesstimate reducing.

I am experiencing up to 2 km of loss per hour after version 10. I have an external SSD drive plugged in, but Sentry is set to be off at home. I am trying to determine if the cooling weather is more to blame than the new software. I do not use any apps to monitor energy use (yet) as I am new to the Tesla Family and trying to figure it all out. Is there a way of downloading data from the car, or must an app be running all the time, and wake the car up in order to collect data? In other words, is there a passive app? What apps do you all use, if any?

Is there a way of downloading data from the car, or must an app be running all the time, and wake the car up in order to collect data? In other words, is there a passive app? What apps do you all use, if any?

No passive apps, although you can set most of them up to stop polling and start again when you tell them to. If you can be bothered doing this manually, or set something like a Bluetooth beacon to trigger behaviours this would work.

If sentry is off really the only thing that should touch the battery is you accessing the app... The thing there is that the more paranoid you get, the more you check and the more you cause your own drain. Just charge up, unplug and try to leave it a few days without checking.

I'm on 36.2.1 and have not used a whole % drain all week yet. Sentry off, no apps logging

Reactions: SonOfSimon