Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone as key working intermittently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 Model S on 2023.6.8. Recently my iPhone IOS 16.3.1 phone as a key sometimes unlocks, sometimes doesn't unlock. If I pull out my phone and wake it up, then the car unlocks. It had been working reliably until a few weeks ago.
I have a 2023 M3P on 2023.6.11, it has started acting up with PaaK. I'd say it works 3 out of 5 times on first attempt now. iPhone 14 Pro w/ iOS 16.4.1.

If it hasn't been suggested yet, a Tesla ring does the trick for me when the phone or car isn't cooperating. I don't carry a wallet, and originally bought the ring has a backup for when I go kiteboarding and I can't bring my phone with me. It also helps if your phone has a dead battery or otherwise can't connect. A quick fist bump to the A pillar does the job, and can also act as a key to start.

Reactions: LadyOnikara
If it hasn't been suggested yet, a Tesla ring does the trick for me when the phone or car isn't cooperating. I don't carry a wallet, and originally bought the ring has a backup for when I go kiteboarding and I can't bring my phone with me. It also helps if your phone has a dead battery or otherwise can't connect. A quick fist bump to the A pillar does the job, and can also act as a key to start.
I was thinking about getting one of these sometime. There are some really pretty ones.

Hi,

For Apple Watch owners who may look for a cheaper solution than a ring, I opened a thread about an app i develop which can turn your Apple Watch into a keyfob, and that can work without requiring your credentials if you don’t want to share them with the app.

The only thing you have to know is that the app must be running on the foreground to act as a keyfob. You can easily access the app with a complication or with Siri by the way

You’ll find the thread here