Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone charging missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have the flippy door with a small hole at the bottom you are just missing the side rails and cables. We got a USB mini and a lightning cable with our car that came in a bag in the glovebox although the DS showed it to us and offered to install it.

We don't use the brackets or route the cables through the hole because we have to swap cables between our two types of phones. Also the connectors/brackets won't work with most cases. They may have changed this but looking at how the phones sits in the Model 3 holder I doubt it.

I also don't like the angle that the phone sits in the Model X so I just plug in the short cable and let it sit in the tray.

Got p100d "with everything" recently, but phone charger isn't a part of the package, you need to order it separately.
I wouldn't recommend it though, that holder is a bit gimmicky and I don't like it on my S.

I installed a wireless charger instead - it's a way more useful thing.

upd: this one

People on this thread are so confusing and wrong, it's hilarious.

All Model S and X support phone dock, but you need an adapter kit which is basically a cable and a couple of plastic things.
Old Model S and X would come with pre-installed phone dock if you ordered the premium package. Now, no Model S or X comes with it. My X has premium package and didn't come with it. You can buy it yourself for $35.

Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock

People on this thread are so confusing and wrong, it's hilarious.

All Model S and X support phone dock, but you need an adapter kit which is basically a cable and a couple of plastic things.
Old Model S and X would come with pre-installed phone dock if you ordered the premium package. Now, no Model S or X comes with it. My X has premium package and didn't come with it. You can buy it yourself for $35.

Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock

I'm not sure many are confused. My MX came with the adapter and cables in the glovebox that I had to install myself. It seems Tesla stopped including the adapter and cables at some point, either as a pre-installed or user installed accessory.

I'm not sure many are confused. My MX came with the adapter and cables in the glovebox that I had to install myself. It seems Tesla stopped including the adapter and cables at some point, either as a pre-installed or user installed accessory.

Which one did you get? There is an iPhone and Android version available so just curious what may have come "standard".