Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Holder Recommendations for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am expecting delivery of a MYLR next month. Currently in the process of gathering accessories as I patiently wait for the car. I would appreciate some recommendations for a phone holder in the car. It seems like most of the phone mounts on Amazon are of the magnetic variety, but I'm wondering if there is a good one that holds the phone in a cradle rather than with a magnet. Ideally I would want the charge port to be unobstructed so it could be charged by wire if needed. I have an iPhone 13 Pro. Thanks in advance!

What's wrong with the built-in phone holder new Model Y's come with just below the screen?

tesla-model-y-2021-22-charging-port-interior-sedan-scaled.jpg

I am expecting delivery of a MYLR next month. Currently in the process of gathering accessories as I patiently wait for the car. I would appreciate some recommendations for a phone holder in the car. It seems like most of the phone mounts on Amazon are of the magnetic variety, but I'm wondering if there is a good one that holds the phone in a cradle rather than with a magnet. Ideally I would want the charge port to be unobstructed so it could be charged by wire if needed. I have an iPhone 13 Pro. Thanks in advance!
These all work well.

Reactions: RCDriver23
Reactions: RCDriver23
This is without a doubt the best phone holder/charger. I have bought and tried many others.

H
This is without a doubt the best phone holder/charger. I have bought and tried many others.

Having watched their install video, I’d have to agree with you.

Thanks for the recommendation

So when I had my Model 3, I looked all over to find one that would go all the way on the left by the door because the steering wheel would block it when attached to the screen. I found something that worked perfectly for me. Here's my Amazon review on it along with some pictures: Check out this Amazon review of Good phone holder for a Model 3

That one isn't sold by that seller anymore, but you can find quite a few that are very similar that attach securely to the vent slit or dash. I brought it over to my Y after I sold my 3 and it works great. The biggest change I made was to buy a Qi charger for it and now it's perfect! I have full access to the phone with nothing in the way and it's a very clear view for me that takes no effort while driving. I keep Waze open the entire time.

Reactions: Deaf Paul
I just ordered the MagSafe compatible windshield mount from sp connect. The charging pad barely charges the phone and I wanted it visible on the left side.

Wanted the quadlock windshield mount but didn’t want to have to be forced to use their specific case just for the phone to mount to it.

Way too far. Again, what's wrong with the factory-supplied phone holder location pictured above? The only place closer to your hand would literally be the cup holder but it would be in the way then.

i agree with this, but i think i'm in the minority since majority of the time, my phone remains in my pocket.

iphone automatically connects to the car once i get in and it just plays music that's in my itunes.

navigation..i just use the stock one that came with the car if i need it.