Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sturdiest magsafe phone dash holder you'll ever find

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Eugene Ash

Supporting Member
Dec 8, 2015
Redmond, WA
Listings
Ever since I switched from Model S, I wanted to have a dash-mounted phone-holder. Regular options seemed flimsy, so I acquired a spare dash and dusted off my calipers. 8 versions later, I present to you this vital reminder from the investment thread:
IMG_20230513_174945.jpg

It is made from ASA and PHA plastic for UV and thermal reliability, Fits all magsafe-equipped iPhones, keeps them horizontal and secure* in front of the steering wheel, perfectly visible. It clips in in less than 10 seconds and stays firmly attached to the dash***.

Perfect for extra mapping and gig apps** that central Tesla infotainment screen might not have yet.

The thing I like the most about this design is that my phone stays cool despite any loads or charging thanks to AC blowing right on it.

Available on Etsy or Ebay. Won't contain the "HODL TSLA" text unless you ask for it. Other text is possible if you want.

Made in USA by father & sons business, out of responsibly-sourced plastic from democratic countries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Works great with no cases, thin cases, magsafe comparible and/or ring ring equipped cases. It won't ever fall straight down, however, If using thick cases the phone might tip over during brisk acceleration or slide off left or right during enthusiastic cornering. Beware of thick cases before ordering, please.
** mind that vertical phone orientation is not supported with this design, because the steering wheel is simply not tall enough to display the whole phone screen in vertical orientation. If you need that, please consider other holder designs.
*** so attached that I can lift the whole spare dash assembly in my testing and can't shake the holder loose, unless I unclip it, of course.

Reactions: Masi
Based on customer feedback, I've added a version, compatible with awesome cases by Peak Design. In addition to magnets, these cases have a notch that locks them in mechanically, eliminating likelihood of slippage in enthusiastic turns. Awesome grip, and they have cases for Android phones too.

Small_PD_5I4A4964.jpg