Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

phone interface interference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I pulled into the carport and my wife's phone conversation from inside the house came into the cars audio system. Carport is adjacent to the study where she was.
Also when I got into the car her profile came up and I had to switch it to mine on the screen. I did have my phone with me. Anynone else have this experience and what is the remedy?

Is her phone set as 'priority device' in your profile?

@AlexHung to the best of my knowledge, the priority device isn't profile-specific. I really wish it was, actually. It would make a lot more sense. We set my partner's device as priority so that she didn't have to fiddle with switching it when she's driving. The downside is that means that I have to just about every single time (unless I'm out without her, or I drive out of range of her phone and wait a while for it to switch to mine). If you've found a way to set a priority device per profile, could you please let me know how?

@Ridgeline this is probably your issue though. Your wife's phone is probably the default device for the vehicle, and if so, you're probably going to have to just live with it like I've learned to, at least unless/until Tesla decides to allow a priority per profile.

Yes - I've had that happen where my kids' phones connect to the bluetooth and suddenly I hear their conversation, video, etc. I'm not certain, but I don't think it even needs to be the priority device since the Tesla can have 2 devices connected at once.