Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Key Keeps Disconnecting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone:

I’ve had my M3 for about 3 months and my phone key has been working fine since I picked it up. However, beginning today, the app keeps logging me out and disconnecting my phone from the car.

As a result, I’ve had to re-log in and setup my phone key multiple times. The connection between my car and phone isn’t “sticking” for some reason. It’s frustrating to say the least.

Any one else experience this issue? I’m running the latest iOS and my Tesla app is up-to-date. I’ll have to make a trip to the SC if this isn’t resolved in the next day or so which I’m really hoping to avoid.

Thanks in-advance everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: InDaClub and ABCTG
Same issue on my phone (iphone 7), also starting yesterday. The app seems to kick me out at least every 30 minutes and when I log back in my phone key is disconnected. I can successfully pair it again but then the cycle continues. I've had my Model 3 since December and the phone key has worked fine until now. If anyone figures out the issue let us know, this is infuriating!

Reactions: OCTrojan
Same issue here. Have been using the app flawlessly for the past year on an iPhone 6s. Left work today and the car would not unlock. Checked the app and saw that it was logged out. Logged back in and the phone key was disconnected. Had to use key card to get in. Now app keeps logging out and disconnecting key.

Reactions: OCTrojan
Same issue here. Have been using the app flawlessly for the past year on an iPhone 6s. Left work today and the car would not unlock. Checked the app and saw that it was logged out. Logged back in and the phone key was disconnected. Had to use key card to get in. Now app keeps logging out and disconnecting key.
I have a 6s too and thought it was because I was using an older iPhone but some of the replies here are saying they’re having the issue on new phones too (iPhone X).

I installed the app on my work phone which is a newer iPhone (I think an 8) and haven’t had the issue yet. Not sure what the deal is.

Hello everyone:

I’ve had my M3 for about 3 months and my phone key has been working fine since I picked it up. However, beginning today, the app keeps logging me out and disconnecting my phone from the car.

As a result, I’ve had to re-log in and setup my phone key multiple times. The connection between my car and phone isn’t “sticking” for some reason. It’s frustrating to say the least.

Any one else experience this issue? I’m running the latest iOS and my Tesla app is up-to-date. I’ll have to make a trip to the SC if this isn’t resolved in the next day or so which I’m really hoping to avoid.

I am having this issue since I update my app yesterday. The version was 3.9.1 that I updated to. I’ve already logged in like 5-6 times and each time to find that the key is not recognised. Also tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. Driving me nuts.

Hello everyone:

Just had to drive my wife a key card. :mad:

She drove to the store fine. Once done, got back out to the car and the car wouldn’t unlock. She had to use the phone app to unlock the car. She got in the car. Tried to start the car but it wouldn’t. Kept saying to put a key card in the console.

Frustrating! The app is connected because she could unlock it, but it didn’t recognize it as a key.

WTF

I am having this issue since I update my app yesterday. The version was 3.9.1 that I updated to. I’ve already logged in like 5-6 times and each time to find that the key is not recognised. Also tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. Driving me nuts.
That’s weird. I had the issue when I updated to 3.9.0; however, ever since updating to 3.9.1, I haven’t had the issue. Perhaps try to download the app again? I’ve managed to use the app all day without issue.

She drove to the store fine. Once done, got back out to the car and the car wouldn’t unlock. She had to use the phone app to unlock the car. She got in the car. Tried to start the car but it wouldn’t. Kept saying to put a key card in the console.

Frustrating! The app is connected because she could unlock it, but it didn’t recognize it as a key.

WTF
What version of the app is she running? I was having the issue on 3.9.0; however, Tesla pushed 3.9.1 yesterday. Since updating to 3.9.1, I haven’t had the issue. Thankfully I carry my keycard, otherwise, I have been stuck too like your wife.

WTF

Could she call you and have you remote start the car from your phone?