Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key left in car - still lockable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your gym doesn’t have lockers? I use my phone as a music streaming device at the gym, and there is always somewhere to set it down whether I’m using cardio or strength training equipment. Another potential solution is to buy a ring or bracelet that you can use as a key like this one:
Then don’t set your phone up as a key so it wouldn’t matter if you left it in the car. I’ve never used one of these so I can’t endorse a product; I’m sure there are threads discussing these rings that you can search.

Your gym doesn’t have lockers? I use my phone as a music streaming device at the gym, and there is always somewhere to set it down whether I’m using cardio or strength training equipment. Another potential solution is to buy a ring or bracelet that you can use as a key like this one:
Then don’t set your phone up as a key so it wouldn’t matter if you left it in the car. I’ve never used one of these so I can’t endorse a product; I’m sure there are threads discussing these rings that you can search.

My gym has cubbies, but not lockers. It’s a pretty small Anytime Fitness (as we live in a small town), certainly not state-of-the-art like other AFs in major metro areas.

But it’s three minutes from my house, it’s kept very clean, and it has all the equipment I need.

I didn’t know about that ring. Will definitely look into it. 👍

How about a signal blocking/Farady bag? I think they block bluetooth, just put it in the bag, lock your car, and it’s ready to go when you get back in. They’re dirt cheap on Amazon, so might be worth it to get one and try it out. And post back here what you find out.

Doesn’t turn off Bluetooth
Yes it does, at least on Android. I use it all the time... When you put it airplane mode, it turns off ALL radios. You can still manually re-enable individual radios, but by default it turns off cellular, wifi, and bluetooth.

Edit: Intersting about iOS. Apparently iOS doesn't turn off bluetooth with airplane mode... But I verified on Android, Airplane mode turns off all radios.. This is from Google's support page:

android.png

Reactions: squirk

It seems we may both be right. According to some posts on MacRumors, iOS will “remember” your toggles for Airplane mode. Like, if you toggle on Airplane Mode, and then (re-)enable BT while still in AM, iOS will remember that “state” the next time you toggle AM.

So, AM can indeed toggle off BT if that’s how iOS remembers you tweaking your connections.