Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Key without Vehicle Locating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've searched but cannot find answer... I'd like to give my kid (16 year old) Phone Key access so she can drive on occasion... but I really don't want her being able to locate the car (me). I tried playing around with Location permissions in her iphone but can't seem to remove her ability to see where the car is by looking at Tesla app. Any options, besides giving her an actual Key Card? Thanks

I've seen other people asking the same questions a couple times here and I don't believe there is a way to do what you want. I don't think alternate users can subscribe to services / purchase FSD / request service but they will have gps access.

As was suggested on another such thread, you can configure an old cell phone that you would give your kid when they want to drive, or they use a key card.

I've seen other people asking the same questions a couple times here and I don't believe there is a way to do what you want. I don't think alternate users can subscribe to services / purchase FSD / request service but they will have gps access.

As was suggested on another such thread, you can configure an old cell phone that you would give your kid when they want to drive, or they use a key card.
Thanks, I guess the key card would be the only way. The whole point here is that I don’t want my kid obsessing over where I am all the time, so giving her an old phone wouldn’t address the issue

You can see the Tesla smart ring.It can unlock your Tesla Model Y in new style, you don't need a key fob or key card or even a phone to start your Tesla. No need to worry about losing your key fob or phone is running out of power.This Tesla ring key is a great accessory to replace your Tesla key fob/card or phone. Compared to the phone, your smart key ring requires no charging and no batteries and it is a decoration that suitable for a variety of occasions.

1678962153101.png
1678962190342.png