Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone quality in model 3 over audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having trouble using their iPhone while calling people using the audio system in the car? I don't have any trouble hearing them but they say there is an echo sometimes and other times it sounds like I am under water. Any suggestions on how to make this incredible vehicle work with my iPhone?

Is anyone else having trouble using their iPhone while calling people using the audio system in the car? I don't have any trouble hearing them but they say there is an echo sometimes and other times it sounds like I am under water. Any suggestions on how to make this incredible vehicle work with my iPhone?
I thought I read somewhere that turning off Siri helped? I could be wrong but I remember something about a setting on the iphone causing that underwater thing.
EDIT: actually it was the Apple watch causing the issue if I recall, and putting it into airplane mode fixed it. If that is not your situation you may try deleting the phone from the Tesla and then reinstalling it. I have read some people got that to work.

Yes, but Android/Galaxy S8 not iPhone. Mainly an issue with freeway driving. Had the microphone checked on a service appointment but they found no issues.

Hi Guys,
I too have had other people that call me (or vice versa) state that at least once every single time that we have a conversation, at some point there is an echo as if i am “Falling Down A Well”.

I have an Android phone and as yet have not been on the motorway (Freeway), so this can happen just sitting in daily city traffic.

Anyone else had this issue?

Yup I have had repeated complaints about an echo, which have persisted through various software updates for the 8 months i’ve had the car. iPhone X. Tried suggestions like keeping it out of the 3rd party charging tray, no luck. Fortunately I rarely need to talk on the phone in the car, and can always use my airpods, but still a bit annoying.

I recall people having issues when the phone is on the charging pad. If you remove the phone from the charging pad, then the echo goes away.

I've never actually used my charging pad yet (my phone doesn't support it) so I leave it unplugged. The strange thing is, all my calls sound absolutely perfect on my end, it's always the caller on the other end that seems to have the "Falling Down A Well" echo, they say that its not for the whole length of the telephone call, perhaps a minute at the most, but nearly every single call.