Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photo Thread: The Trifecta is complete!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great photos, Seth.

I had a Model X reservation and was hoping for the trifecta too. But with the loss of fold-down 2nd-row seats, we decided the X was not for us. I'm kind of bummed. We have two Model 3 reservations (I assume we will convert one in to a Y reservation when that's possible), but it won't be the same skipping the X. I'm still hoping that fold-down seats are coming, though supposedly it's been denied by an insider.

So I don't have a Tesla Trifecta picture, but back in 2012 we temporarily had a Roadster, Model S, RAV4-EV (which the Model S replaced), and Prius PHEV (which my son had been driving, and he bought shortly afterwards and still has):

unnamed-21.jpg

Great photos, Seth.

I had a Model X reservation and was hoping for the trifecta too. But with the loss of fold-down 2nd-row seats, we decided the X was not for us. I'm kind of bummed. We have two Model 3 reservations (I assume we will convert one in to a Y reservation when that's possible), but it won't be the same skipping the X. I'm still hoping that fold-down seats are coming, though supposedly it's been denied by an insider.

So I don't have a Tesla Trifecta picture, but back in 2012 we temporarily had a Roadster, Model S, RAV4-EV (which the Model S replaced), and Prius PHEV (which my son had been driving, and he bought shortly afterwards and still has):

unnamed-21.jpg
My wife and I drove a 2004 2nd generation Prius for 11 years and loved it. I looked at the RAV4 EV many times. I wish Toyota had taken it more seriously. I also wish Toyota had come out with the Prius Prime 5 years ago...lol. Great picture!

Great photos!

Our Model X came in about a month ago so we've got the trifecta now too (and a Model 3 reservation), but haven't done a photo shoot yet. I keep thinking it would be cheaper and easier to collect stamps instead of Teslas.
Collecting stamps would be much cheaper! Lol But Teslas are better for the soul, I think. :) You should definitely try and get a few photos with them all together!

I'm so happy to see your cars aren't all the same color, they are so dramatically different and unique... The only consistent is that beautiful TESLA logo and what it stands for!

For garage space, if you have a high ceiling clearance I think you could get a 4 post lift and put the Roadster "up" above the Model 3 when it arrives! (or the Model S, I think they are predicted to have the same height?) Biggest consideration is the height of the garage door when it is open... Or just get the 4th car stall!

I'm so happy to see your cars aren't all the same color, they are so dramatically different and unique... The only consistent is that beautiful TESLA logo and what it stands for!

For garage space, if you have a high ceiling clearance I think you could get a 4 post lift and put the Roadster "up" above the Model 3 when it arrives! (or the Model S, I think they are predicted to have the same height?) Biggest consideration is the height of the garage door when it is open... Or just get the 4th car stall!
If you're careful, you can get two in one spot! Lol
View media item 115562

Another attempt at cheating, on two levels:

IMG_20160914_192917.jpg

First, there is no X, instead there are two S. Second, the situation is very temporary - the second S just arrived yesterday, and the Roadster goes off with its new owner tomorrow. Too bad I don't have an extra spot in the garage. I am really going to miss that car.

Still, it never hurts to see a coil of Teslas together!

From left to right: 2012 S85 Signature, 2010 Roadster, 2015 S P90DL.

Reactions: ModelX
View attachment 194528

From left to right: 2012 S85 Signature, 2010 Roadster, 2015 S P90DL.

It took a while, but now that the X comes with a folding second row, and my wife was finally persuaded that an X was going to be better for her overall than her beloved Signature S, we have our 4th Tesla and 3rd Tesla model (note our current S and X are in walla2 colors):

IMG_20171223_112225.jpg

But alas, with the Roadster sold over a year ago and the Sig S sold last week, we are still down to just two cars, so a failed trifecta for me once again. The pain of limited garage space. I am not sure what is going to happen when I am asked to order my Model 3...

I will never own them all at once, but so far I would like to, at some point, own one of everything they produce...it could be hard to figure out parking for the semi though.

I look forward to seeing a picture of somebody with a Roadster, S, X, 3, semi (to haul them all to car shows) and next-gen Roadster. We're gonna need a bigger thread.