Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photography: Anyone else see parallels between Sony mirrorless cameras and Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
Any photograpy fans here? Sony has really disrupted the digital SLR market with their mirrorless cameras in recent years. Better cameras at lower prices. Game changing technology that no one else bothered to think of. Canon and Nikon are struggling to catch up. And now with the upcoming A9 and A7iii firmware updates, it’s like getting a new camera for free. The whole story feels very similar to Tesla and the auto industry.

I'm an amateur photographer. I have so much money tied up in lenses, both Canon and Nikon, that there is no way I'm thinking about switching to Sony. I agree that mirrorless is the way of the future, but due to the large investment, I'll have to wait until either Canon or Nikon jump onboard before I can go that route. So I guess you could say that my feelings are similar to some other non-Tesla automakers. They have so much invested in their current technology that they don't feel they can afford to jump ship. :D