Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought it to a shop. I knew in advance how annoying they are to install.
Would highly recommend getting a shop because these actually did not fit out of the box. The shop had to shave parts of the diffuser for it to fit snugly against the bumper.
Rear diffusers are really hard to fit. There was no way mine was going to stay attached with just tape and two screws underneath. I didn't file any parts down -- rather, I just drilled four holes right through the back of it and right into the bumper. The self-tapping screws are black so you don't see them. Sure I have four holes in my bumper now, but I'm never going to remove the diffuser, so...

post-then-delete.jpg

I didn't realize you guys had DC fast chargers in Hawaii! Are you using a CCS adapter? What are the rates like? Is it possible to precondition the battery since there aren't any Tesla Superchargers to "navigate" to? Hopefully they add a manual precondition way to precondition the battery in the future.
Here on Maui we have 6 50kW Green Lots (now Shell Recharge) stalls. Rates are $0.28/kWh from 9am-5pm and $0.40/kWh the rest of the day. This is a subsidized rate and lower during the day due to solar we are told. Oahu got their first supercharger around the holidays last year. It is 250kw and I believe ~$0.49/kWh. I’ve been using Chademo for the last 2 years since they were installed but just switched to CCS. The battery heater is activated whenever dc fast charging but no option to pre condition. At 50KW I’d rather have the heater off actually. Fingers crossed, we’ve far surpassed 1,000 Tesla’s on the island now. Hoping we will someday see a supercharger and a service center here. Aloha!

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and SpriteM3