Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if I'll see any in Thailand when we go in January. :) I only saw a couple Model 3s when we were in Japan in November...
Definitely you will. Although the official will start deliver in Feb/Mar'23 onwards, we have around thousand Teslas in Thailand now.
318322471_877190423724643_5143704693518843161_n.jpeg

319017698_877190267057992_7008898014432660730_n.jpeg

Installed unplugged performance lowering springs (mild) and some cheapo mudflaps. Love the look of the mild lowering spring, and not much of a penalty to ride comfort.

View attachment 884182View attachment 884183View attachment 884184
Be careful with those cheap-o flaps. They will rub through your paint and damage PPF. You spent a lot of money on your car and your wheels/suspension -- best to add proper flaps that only go in the wheel wells (and don't touch your paint/ppf)

319843473_647672993810126_5679553675812149071_n.jpg

Last edited:
Be careful with those cheap-o flaps. They will rub through your paint and damage PPF. You spent a lot of money on your car and your wheels/suspension -- best to add proper flaps that only go in the wheel wells (and don't touch your paint/ppf)

View attachment 884438
I saw a few others who also had this problem. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that how the Tesla mud flaps are too? In any case, if you will always have mud flaps, you will never see that anyway no?

Reactions: E.Potter
Thanks. But $236 seems a little high to me.
You can also get EVmudFlaps. Those are cheaper that Rally Armor. I know there's an even cheaper version than EVmudFlaps but I can't recall the name.

There's a reason those super cheap ones are only $20 and Rally Armor are $200.

I have the Rally Armor and they do not disappoint. I think the best thing about them is that they are flexible. When I go over speed bumps they scrape (like other mud flaps), but the Rally Armor give. I've had non-flexible mud flaps that scrape the *sugar* out of the car because they aren't flexible.

You can also get EVmudFlaps. Those are cheaper that Rally Armor. I know there's an even cheaper version than EVmudFlaps but I can't recall the name.

There's a reason those super cheap ones are only $20 and Rally Armor are $200.

I have the Rally Armor and they do not disappoint. I think the best thing about them is that they are flexible. When I go over speed bumps they scrape (like other mud flaps), but the Rally Armor give. I've had non-flexible mud flaps that scrape the *sugar* out of the car because they aren't flexible.
Yah for sure. I’m thinking of going that direction for the front wheel wells of my MYP. The aftermarket mudflaps I have definitely hit on speedbumps and I replaced my front passenger one already.

View attachment 884438

Yeh those edges can be sharp. But it just takes a quick file or sandpaper to smooth/round the edges. Not hard to do and doesn’t take long at all. I have PPF, but rounded the edges and put an extra layer of PPF…just for extra protection. After 50k miles there’s zero damage to the extra PPF I applied.

Reactions: Lightpixel
Yeh those edges can be sharp. But it just takes a quick file or sandpaper to smooth/round the edges. Not hard to do and doesn’t take long at all. I have PPF, but rounded the edges and put an extra layer of PPF…just for extra protection. After 50k miles there’s zero damage to the extra PPF I applied.
Someone here once posted damage to PPF strips they put behind the flaps. It probably also has to do with location. I'm in the northeast -- when I removed my flaps, there must have been a combined total of a pound of sand, dirt, and dried mud trapped between the flaps and the paint. I even used weather stripping to try to keep that stuff out. No amount of filing would have prevented that from rubbing/grinding. I had to ditch them.

Someone here once posted damage to PPF strips they put behind the flaps. It probably also has to do with location. I'm in the northeast -- when I removed my flaps, there must have been a combined total of a pound of sand, dirt, and dried mud trapped between the flaps and the paint. I even used weather stripping to try to keep that stuff out. No amount of filing would have prevented that from rubbing/grinding. I had to ditch them.
YMMV But I’m in the Northeast as well, take multiple ski trips during the winter etc… and have no issues with it rubbing/grinding. The areas in that pic where the Paint is worn through….are where I found the guards to be putting too much pressure and edges particularly sharp. Just putting ppf or weatherstrip won’t relieve the added pressure of the guard against the paint if it‘s ill fitting In that area, and as in the case with others…can still damage the ppf. It took 1mm if that To get it perfectly matched to the contour of the fender and eliminate the high points that were putting added pressure. Not all guards required it either.

Don’t want to derail the thread… So I’ll end with a quick pic I took last night with the winter set now on. Dont mind the dirty paint….it snowed the night before and they salted the roads.

4FF1157E-A2D5-439D-8BBF-AE9CC0F76F21.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: EFB055 and Petsur