Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+2
IMG_8677.jpeg

Danny, since you have both gens around - do you notice any difference in the trunk specs? Been debating buying the ‘24 spoiler to put on a ‘20 but Tesla can’t get me a straight answer if anything has changed and it would fit directly.
Is the 24 spoiler actually any different? Looks the same to me.

I highly doubt they changed the sheet metal surface of the trunk other than modifying the cut for the tail lights. Same for the front fender/headlight. The fewer changes they make, the less it costs them.

Here's a side by side (but the white car has the UP spoiler)
20240624_065508.jpg

20240624_070520.jpg

Reactions: MODEL+
I highly doubt they changed the sheet metal surface of the trunk other than modifying the cut for the tail lights. Same for the front fender/headlight. The fewer changes they make, the less it costs them.

View attachment 1059272
View attachment 1059280

Yeah, apparently it’s a tad wider (in terms of depth) and I love the dip as it reaches the QP. There’s function to the dips but for whatever reason my eye says “more sporty.” It could also be because I am just looking for more minor tweaks to a relatively “completed” project. 😂

View attachment 1059272
View attachment 1059280
If you part ways with the UP spoiler PLS PLS PLS let me know - I’ll take it

Danny, since you have both gens around - do you notice any difference in the trunk specs? Been debating buying the ‘24 spoiler to put on a ‘20 but Tesla can’t get me a straight answer if anything has changed and it would fit directly.

View attachment 1059272
View attachment 1059280
I believe @crsn00 's assessment is correct about the trunk lid.

Just from looking at it, the top section seems to be the same. The only real way to find out is if I were to remove the factory spoiler from the new one and try it on the old trunk. I don't personally plan to do that just yet, but I'm sure someone on here will be on that soon.

By the way @crsn00 , thank you for taking the time to stop by on Sunday! It was very nice to meet you. 🤝

-Danny

Reactions: crsn00

View attachment 1059272
View attachment 1059280

The front fenders are not the same shape from the camera foward. The trunk on the other hand is the same shape at least on the top where the spoiler would sit.

The front fenders are not the same shape from the camera foward. The trunk on the other hand is the same shape at least on the top where the spoiler would sit.

Here's a CAD screenshot from both service manuals, stacked and aligned. The transparency changes between the two so things look a bit off at first glance.

The fenders are very similar but looks like you're right. The wheel arch, door edge, camera, and main body line crease are in the same spot but the hood edge is at a very slightly different slope.

The longer I stare at it the more other small changes I'm seeing too, like the back seat headrest height and the mirrors.

ezgif-1-ddc8682e4a.gif

Here's a CAD screenshot from both service manuals, stacked and aligned. The transparency changes between the two so things look a bit off at first glance.

The fenders are very similar but looks like you're right. The wheel arch, door edge, camera, and main body line crease are in the same spot but the hood edge is at a very slightly different slope.

The longer I stare at it the more other small changes I'm seeing too, like the back seat headrest height and the mirrors.

View attachment 1059554

That's a good visual.

The reason I know the fenders are different and the trunk is the same is because I helped design the PPF patterns for both vehicles.