Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked Up My Red MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
jf64k, Was it you that tested COVID-19 positive, or one of the delivery folks? Sorry to hear that. At eighty, me and partner are trying hard to not do close contact things. Bluedog

It was me. Tested on 6/21, positive result on 6/23. Got served with a stay-at-home order from LA County on 6/24 haha!!

Not to thread-Jack...I had moderate symptoms (fever, headache, chills, loss of taste) then got back to near normal after about 10 days.

Took delivery of my Model Y today. Configuration is Red/White/AWD/FSD/19” Geminis. Went over the car thoroughly with a car savvy friend. Found a few alignment issues, two paint chips, but no other significant discoveries I did not know about before arrival. That’s because the service center called me the day before delivery and said they discovered a hairline crack in the sunroof during inspection / detail. They told me ahead of time that there was no safety concern and gave me the choice between taking delivery now or when the issue was resolved. They said is would take 10 - 14 days to get the top glass. I elected to proceed with delivery today, noted some fairly minor issues, and expect the roof replacement in the next few weeks.

By the way - the “hairline crack” was about 4 feet long, and there was also a spot where it looked like a baseball hit the glass and made a spider crack. It was a significant issue, but cudo’s to Tesla for giving me a head’s up and a choice.

I was very satisfied with the build of the vehicle and the service center response to the few issues I noticed. The Model Y performed perfectly on the way home (about 80 miles), and the Red/White combination is absolutely gorgeous. The Gemini wheel never impressed me before and I intended to remove them, but they looked really good with the red paint and for now leave them on.

Overall - great job Tesla! Very happy and excited to get familiar with my new Y!

Reactions: slamper
Picked up MY Red Performance Cherry HIll NJ big shout out to Tim
He kept me posted throughout delivery process.
Glad to report so far no issues
Charging port flush
Back seat perfect aligned
20200725_122002.jpg

Reactions: Hawkstrike
Picked up my Blue/White LR yesterday. I was really nervous about the condition of the car but it was damn near perfect. One of the USBC ports don't work in the front and the Frunk alignment wasn't great but outside of that it's a beautiful bird. I can't imagine what the performance version feels like cuz this one is nuts.

Make sure you bring an ssd drive and format it to Fat32 prior so you can test out Sentry mode. That process is a bit of a pain as it doesn't format the drive with the onboard software anymore.

Picked up my Blue/White LR yesterday. I was really nervous about the condition of the car but it was damn near perfect. One of the USBC ports don't work in the front and the Frunk alignment wasn't great but outside of that it's a beautiful bird. I can't imagine what the performance version feels like cuz this one is nuts.

Make sure you bring an ssd drive and format it to Fat32 prior so you can test out Sentry mode. That process is a bit of a pain as it doesn't format the drive with the onboard software anymore.
I got the performance and its bananas also the sd card i got was already formatted plug and play
Lastly I though my usb was broken
But realized its only one c and older usb