Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked Up My Red MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! She is a beaut! Congrats! All the gaps look perfect and the color is fabulous. Not a fan of red cars but this one is definitely an exception! I am picking up my white one on 7/21 as well. Crossing fingers as it would be my 3rd one.
Waiting on the delivery of my third one as well. First 8xxx, second 10xxx, waiting on 29xxx. Fingers crossed third times a charm.

Reactions: Writeavon
Black interior. I originally wanted white but then I sat in one and it was too stark for me in the end. Plus with three kids my husband talked me out of it
I actually think white shows less then black after having black leather and tan leather in my past. I have two BIG dogs. It is the same as paint,, black shows more dirt and white does not. But we all have to do what works for us. I think your black choice got you the car sooner as well. Enjoy the ride!

Will update later this evening but just wanted to let people know that the car is pretty flawless. There are minor paint issues that they have agreed to fix and the interior was kinda dirty so they’re pulling it around back to get detailed for me but I am over the moon! When I checked in for my touch less hand off they let me inside to inspect everything without me having to ask. This was even prior to me accepting my loan through the app. Buena Park Tesla’s team has been A+

My Cars bday is June 23rd. Vin in the 2300s.

Does anybody pick up a car these days without "issues"? I was hoping to trade up from my MS'17 but with all these delivery stories I just don't have it in me to go through it.
I have to say.... yesterday at the Scottsdale service center they were delivering a new Model-Y, Red with white interior. It looked STUNNING. Prior to seeing it up close, and just from pictures, I thought it looked kind of "frumpy" and ...well... porky. BUT in real life it is gorgeous. Totally changed my mind: I'd love to have one now.

Yes, that has been my opinion....humpy and frumpy, especially compared to the MS. Maybe I will change my mind if I see one in person. The black wheels don't help IMHO.

Reactions: Hawkstrike
I have to say.... yesterday at the Scottsdale service center they were delivering a new Model-Y, Red with white interior. It looked STUNNING. Prior to seeing it up close, and just from pictures, I thought it looked kind of "frumpy" and ...well... porky. BUT in real life it is gorgeous. Totally changed my mind: I'd love to have one now.
That’s my config, and I’m getting it Sunday

Does anybody pick up a car these days without "issues"? I was hoping to trade up from my MS'17 but with all these delivery stories I just don't have it in me to go through it.

Yes, that has been my opinion....humpy and frumpy, especially compared to the MS. Maybe I will change my mind if I see one in person. The black wheels don't help IMHO.
I agree. When I pick up this config on Sunday it will have 19” Gemini’s, and I think the wheels look great on this color with the Gemini caps removed

For the record, I picked up a red Y on the 16th (build date July 11th) and it was near flawless. Only thing I can find is that the rear view mirror is not locked down right. Doesn't rattle when driving but will is not as secure as intended. Rear seats, paint, taillights, headliner etc.etrc were fine.

I waited until July on purpose and it seemed to pay off.

For the record, I picked up a red Y on the 16th (build date July 11th) and it was near flawless. Only thing I can find is that the rear view mirror is not locked down right. Doesn't rattle when driving but will is not as secure as intended. Rear seats, paint, taillights, headliner etc.etrc were fine.

Picking mine up tomorrow. Hopefully the good streak continues!

Interesting, I found a "loose" rearview on a MY I test drove. Yet another thing to add to the checklist, haha!!

Glad to hear everything else was good!! We're picking up a Red/White MY this week. Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: slamper

Where did you get the built on July 11th from?

Waiting on the delivery of my third one as well. First 8xxx, second 10xxx, waiting on 29xxx. Fingers crossed third times a charm.
I should have rejected mine, but I was ignorant. I thought if you didn't accept the one you were delivered you could not get the same trim for 12 months. Or is that just if you return it within a week?

What happens when you reject? Do they put in another order for you for the same? Or do you need to put the order in yourself? What happens to your deposit?

Where did you get the built on July 11th from?

Your sales person can tell you this. Mine was built on 12 July, VIN 25,2XX

I should have rejected mine, but I was ignorant. I thought if you didn't accept the one you were delivered you could not get the same trim for 12 months. Or is that just if you return it within a week?

What happens when you reject? Do they put in another order for you for the same? Or do you need to put the order in yourself? What happens to your deposit?

Only if you return within 7 days. Yes, if you reject they look for another car with your specs. My understanding is the deposit remains on hand unless you ask for a refund.